BIG Annonucement!

Curious CrazyPaul......

Which model you have?

Does the closed caption look the same old fashion white on black background?

Curious CrazyPaul......

Which model you have?

I haven't bought one yet. Customizable digital CC should look same as the one in your HDTV or HD cable box/DVR. I am not sure whether DVD's CC is analog or digital. Maybe someone can tell us later.

Does new BD Player have extra largest size than old CC? that I bought AppleTV, great size than olc CC

Bought Sony BDP-S5200 (one with 3D and yes, I have 3D TV) and tried DVD disc in and the CC worked perfectly. There are couple DVD movies I had and I don't have it in BluRay disc and I'm glad I can watch it now.

Curious CrazyPaul......

Which model you have?

I haven't bought one yet. Customizable digital CC should look same as the one in your HDTV or HD cable box/DVR. I am not sure whether DVD's CC is analog or digital. Maybe someone can tell us later.

To answer to the question - the CC is shown in digital, but not nice smoothly fonts like today's HDTV. You can customize the CC to your liking - such as background color, background opacity, character style, character color, edge type, and more...

Does new BD Player have extra largest size than old CC? that I bought AppleTV, great size than olc CC

Yes, you can set font size - on my new player, it showed 4 sizes: Original, Small, Standard, and Large. But it won't show fancy fonts like you seen on HD and it's pixel fonts.

I want buy AppleTV with BD-Player! lol.. i know Apple don't have it

Bought Sony BDP-S5200 (one with 3D and yes, I have 3D TV) and tried DVD disc in and the CC worked perfectly. There are couple DVD movies I had and I don't have it in BluRay disc and I'm glad I can watch it now.
If you haven't seen either one of two BD movies w/ CC I mentioned before, you can try it out by renting it if you want. Maybe BD's CC looks better than DVD's CC. :dunno:

Yes, you can set font size - on my new player, it showed 4 sizes: Original, Small, Standard, and Large. But it won't show fancy fonts like you seen on HD and it's pixel fonts.
What is pixel fonts?

If you haven't seen either one of two BD movies w/ CC I mentioned before, you can try it out by renting it if you want. Maybe BD's CC looks better than DVD's CC. :dunno:

I'll try... however, I haven't rented any disc for long time. lol

What is pixel fonts?

Pixel is boxy shape on the TV or on old computer screen - as for example:

Pixelette.gif

I'll try... however, I haven't rented any disc for long time. lol

Pixel is boxy shape on the TV or on old computer screen - as for example:

Pixelette.gif
Oh man, that's not good. Is that what you saw on DVD via your new player's CC decoder? If so, I suspect DVD's CC is analogy which is old style.

Yes, that's what I saw it with my new bluray player. I planned to experiment with my customize CC since I left some setting to "original". Original must mean it follow what DVD's original CC setting. I'll keep everyone post - perhaps some screenshots.

I've allowed the movie running bit longer (yesterday, I only ran 5 minutes to check if the CC works) and I've noticed the CC stayed on left side of the screen. If someone talked on right side, the CC would appears on left side close to middle screen. It kind of sucks, but better than subtitle which it stays in the middle of the screen.

Here's the screenshot of CC with original setting on Bluray player:

bwvj.png

I've customized with blue fonts and different font type (noticed how right side character speak and CC appeared on left) and sorry for bit blurred - using cellphone camera:

dsyg.png

Does that included Netflix with subtitles/CC feature on new blu-ray players??

Does that included Netflix with subtitles/CC feature on new blu-ray players??
Sorry man, I didn't check this thread for a while.

Netflix has its own captioning, therefore turn it on/off and change the appearance through Netflix if the subtitle button is available. Same with Amazon and others. Built-in CC in those selected players is for DVD and BD playbacks only.

Back