Beware latest scam from alldeaf.com!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After looking into this, they have done nothing wrong. They are a legit company.

On ripoffreport.com their employee has detailed about their loan process:
Access Cash Solutions (ACS) is a cash advance, a high interest emergency alternative for those in need of money. It is Deaf owned and was started to combat the extremely high interest rates being charged by hearing businesses. The interest is high on these type of loans, but ACS provides the Deaf community someone they can communicate with and someone that can give them a lower interest rate than hearing cash advance businesses. This is NOT a scam, they are legit, licensed out of South Dakota. If any deaf individual in need of emergency money has no where else to go but a cash advance, Access Cash Solutions can help. NEVER use this type of loan if you qualify for a credit card or bank loan that could help you instead, it will be much better to use a bank.

There are also some youtube clips to show they are a legit business in the US:
Do you need CASH now? by Ken Davis - YouTube

Since ACS has paid the site to be on AllDeaf (read: this keeps the AD forum license and web hosting paid yearly), they are ok'ed to display their services with the site per prior negotiation with the webmaster.
Per the AD privacy rules, we will never share your email with third party associates, so you are fully safe from having your email in jeopardy in any form.

If you are personally interested in donating to AD, you may check out this announcement and Alex's yearly breakdown of the costs of web hosting here.

If you do not want to receive email from the administrator, you can access your own user control panel to modify your settings:
Edit User Options

These are the settings you want to modify according to your preferences:
attachment.php

So what you're telling us is that AD has made an arrangement with this company and others allowing AD to forward emails (without AD management approval for content) from companies to AD members??

That just doesn't sound right. If this was the case I'm sure we'd all be getting flooded with junk adverts ... and this isn't the case.

Still feels "wrong" to me ... sorry.

Also - if I turn off accepting emails from admin to prevent junk email- how the heck would Alex or the mods etc contact me if they needed to .... wouldn't that turn off ALL Admin emails, not just "bulk emailings" like this advert?

Wirelessly posted

Did alldeaf give or selll them our email address? How did they get them

If you take the time to read the Privacy Policy, it outlines directly and mentions the terms and conditions anybody should be wondering about. These conditions have been there for users to read when registering.

Again, if you cannot take the time to read the privacy policy, AD doesn't sell your email to anyone. It's strictly kept between you and the site. When the sponsor wishes to send a message to the users, if approved by the administrator, from time to time you may receive an email on behalf of the sponsor.

In simpler terms, it's like AD is acting as a free agent postal service, and you are the resident. The business pays AD to keep them running and AD delivers their content to your homes. AD will never give your address directly to the business, and we do not run advertisements on a frequent basis.

In any event, I'm still not opening the e-mail. It went right to my Trash folder :)

Also - if I turn off accepting emails from admin to prevent junk email- how the heck would Alex or the mods etc contact me if they needed to .... wouldn't that turn off ALL Admin emails, not just "bulk emailings" like this advert?

You would still receive PM's if the mods or Alex want to contact you. PM's and emails are two different contact options.
Rarely will anyone draft an email to your email address unless you are banned or permanently banned, something serious along those lines that require contact outside of Private Messages. Turning that option off will just remove any automated emails that are sent out periodically from the site. This includes any material, such as event, giveaways as well, just about anything that is decided to be sent to everyone on the site.

It is not a big deal to receive this email.

I have received exactly one email like this since the time I registered.

I just delete it without reading it.

If you take the time to read the Privacy Policy, it outlines directly and mentions the terms and conditions anybody should be wondering about. These conditions have been there for users to read when registering.

Again, if you cannot take the time to read the privacy policy, AD doesn't sell your email to anyone. It's strictly kept between you and the site. When the sponsor wishes to send a message to the users, if approved by the administrator, from time to time you may receive an email on behalf of the sponsor.

In simpler terms, it's like AD is acting as a free agent postal service, and you are the resident. The business pays AD to keep them running and AD delivers their content to your homes. AD will never give your address directly to the business, and we do not run advertisements on a frequent basis.

If so how come this company sent me an email? Who even gave them my email???
I don't like that at all...

If so how come this company sent me an email? Who even gave them my email???
I don't like that at all...

Go back and read the end of post #20, it will answer your questions.

Go back and read the end of post #20, it will answer your questions.

So, according to that, they got my EMAIL from the ADMIN here???
That is outrageous... what do I do to remove myself from this forum?

So, according to that, they got my EMAIL from the ADMIN here???
That is outrageous... what do I do to remove myself from this forum?

Ask the moderators/admin to cancel your account and delete all personal info.

You are making a big deal out of nothing much.

You are making a big deal out of nothing much.

I agree. It's only one e-mail. If you don't want the e-mail, just delete it. It would be a different story if we were getting e-mails like this constantly - rather than only once.

Yeah. Small trade-off to keep the site running. It shouldn't run much ads. Sort of like school-related ad handouts they give back when you used to go to elementary school to take home to your parents.

Without them, nobody (other than Premium Members) would be able to help for the yearly fees. :)

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Bold )

naisho said:

You would still receive PM's if the mods or Alex want to contact you. PM's and emails are two different contact options.
Rarely will anyone draft an email to your email address unless you are banned or permanently banned, something serious along those lines that require contact outside of Private Messages. Turning that option off will just remove any automated emails that are sent out periodically from the site. This includes any material, such as event, giveaways as well, just about anything that is decided to be sent to everyone on the site.

Thanks - it's not that big a deal, I just wanted to make sure that it was 100% above board, risk free etc. And that if needed there was an opt out option if for some reason the adverts got to be excessive etc.

No one gave out your email address to anyone.

jack55 said:

No one gave out your email address to anyone.

Better go back and read post #20 ;)
http://www.alldeaf.com/general-chat/100406-beware-latest-scam-alldeaf-com.html

I did - no one gave out your email address.

A third party submitted an email to AD admin and then AD forwarded it to the users (meaning that at no point did AD disclose anyones email addresses to anyone)

I did - no one gave out your email address.

A third party submitted an email to AD admin and then AD forwarded it to the users (meaning that at no point did AD disclose anyones email addresses to anyone)

Explain how Access Cash Solutions got my email address then? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back