Best hearing loop for watching tv?

Angel1989

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm struggling to hear the tv and was told a hearing loop would help a great deal. I looked at a company called TecEar and found a few products that might help. They have a **chair loop**room loop** or neck loop. I always watch tv from my recliner.

If anyone has one or tried one, which would you recommend. Oh by the way I have a CI from Cochlear.

Thank you

I'm struggling to hear the tv and was told a hearing loop would help a great deal. I looked at a company called TecEar and found a few products that might help. They have a **chair loop**room loop** or neck loop. I always watch tv from my recliner.

If anyone has one or tried one, which would you recommend. Oh by the way I have a CI from Cochlear.

Thank you

I've yet to get one myself, so can't recommend any particular one. Does your CI processor have a telecoil it in and do you have a program for it?

I've yet to get one myself, so can't recommend any particular one. Does your CI processor have a telecoil it in and do you have a program for it?

Yes I have a telecoil and yes I have a program for it, but I have not used it yet.
I really don't know very much about all of this stuff, just want to be able to watch tv with the volume at a normal level and to be able to understand it better.

My daughter is getting a CI from Cochlear, and she ordered the TV Streamer. It's a device that you plug into your TV and it sends a signal straight to your CI. It's like an FM system for your CI. There's no loop that has to go around your room or anything like that.

If you have a Nucleus 5, then I think you have to also get a little receiver attachment for your processor.

http://www.cochlear.com/wps/wcm/con...s-6-accessories/cochlear-wireless-TV-streamer

My daughter is getting a CI from Cochlear, and she ordered the TV Streamer. It's a device that you plug into your TV and it sends a signal straight to your CI. It's like an FM system for your CI. There's no loop that has to go around your room or anything like that.

If you have a Nucleus 5, then I think you have to also get a little receiver attachment for your processor.

http://www.cochlear.com/wps/wcm/con...s-6-accessories/cochlear-wireless-TV-streamer

Thank you but that looks like it is for the N6, I have the N5.

Well, the other option is like you said, and to use a neck loop, since the N5 has a T-coil.

This is one system made by Sennheiser, and sold on Amazon with very good reviews. It is wireless, and will transmit pretty far, even through walls. I think you plug the transmitter/streamer into the audio-out of your TV, and wear the neck loop with your T-coil turned on.

Sennheiser SET 840-S

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-SET840-S-Wireless-Assistive-Listening/dp/B002SSHVFE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1426681807&sr=8-1&keywords=sennheiser+set+840+s[/ame]

Last edited:
I use AB which is not compatible with your CI, but I found a link offering a device called TV Streamer, hope it helps.

Wireless Devices - Cochlear

Thank you for the information.....I might be missing something, but everything I read said for use with the N6 or the N4 BAHA.

I talked to my audi, I'm going to go see her soon and see what is available to me. If insurance coveres it, I may upgrade to the N6.

^^^ I was just going to say that, but was sort of under the assumption that it was not in the cards. When it comes to connectivity and sound quality, the N6 is the best way to go right now.

However, if N6 isn't something you can do, I did talk to a guy at work last night who has two hearing aids, and he uses the Sennheiser SET 840-S system. He says the sound quality is really good for a loop system, and is in the realm of affordability, as many loop systems are extremely expensive and not always covered by insurance..

Back