best analogs

shadoemann

Reaction score
What are the best analog hearing aids being sold?

Um, shouldn't this be under the hearing aid and cochlear implant section?

And in answer to your question, i have no idea, i wear digital.

Well Phonak Pico-Fortes are AWESOME!!!!!! That's the kind of aid I have...and I LOVE it! Siemens sucks...they are decent but I've never really liked them all that much. Oticons are supposed to be good aids too.
The key to finding the right hearing aid is experimentation. One brand of hearing aid might be OK for one person, but not for another.
Almost forgot...do not (and I repeat do NOT) go to Miricle Ear or Beltone.
Those are the places that advertise up the wazoo, so their hearing aids reflect the cost.

analogs best

What anyone's opinion of naturear hearing aids or are they a waste of money?

I've never heard of Nature Ear hearing aids. Are those the mail order ones?

Did a bit of research...looks like I was right and the naturear aids are those crappy mail order ones. They are also ITE aids...which are horrible...Many people can hear with them, but they don't give as much power as the BTE ones. Yes, I know there's the cosmetic facotor...but BTE aids are NOT that noticable, no matter WHAT the hearing aid companies would have you think!

deafdyke said:
Well Phonak Pico-Fortes are AWESOME!!!!!! That's the kind of aid I have...and I LOVE it! Siemens sucks...they are decent but I've never really liked them all that much. Oticons are supposed to be good aids too.
The key to finding the right hearing aid is experimentation. One brand of hearing aid might be OK for one person, but not for another.
Almost forgot...do not (and I repeat do NOT) go to Miricle Ear or Beltone.
Those are the places that advertise up the wazoo, so their hearing aids reflect the cost.

I agree with the comment about Miracle Ear or Beltone...I have heard bad stories about their hearing aids.
I have worn analogs my whole life (a Zenith Body aid in the early 70s, a Bosch BTE in 70s and 80s, a Unitron BTE in late 80s, a Starkey in the 1990s, and now a Oticon in the 2000s :) )
Of all the analogs I've used, I say Oticon is the best...no problems! :)
I had a little trouble with the Starkey aid at first and then when they figured out what the problem was and had it repaired, I have no problems since. The longest time I've used was the Bosch...for more than 7 years!! :)
I've never tried Siemens or Phonak though. :)

Back