Being patient and tolerant

toffeekukki

Reaction score
You know I was cleaning my ears and I can not hear anything at all once I put the oil in my ears. house mate was talking to me the whole time and I didn't have a clue they got slightly mad and called me ignorant.
They go into a silk with me for not listening. They knew like 10 mins prior that I would be doing my ears as I have to get them done daily for about a week.
My husband even stated that I am unable to hear.
Yet the attitude I got made me feel like I was in wrong.
I have lived with them for 12 months so it is not like me being Hoh/deaf is a new thing to them.
I find it really hard to control myself and not shout.
Another example of the ignorance I face is I ask them to repeat what they said as they said it to quiet and I did have a head set on as my husband was live streaming a game on twitch (I struggle hearing this) so I simply said give me a sec, I can't hear you.
I paused what I was listening to pulled my headset of and ask them to repeat what they was talking about.
Rather than repeating what they said they decided to show me something on a computer screen. I was already to like explain I have no clue what they was talking about and start from the beginning.
I didn't get to say my piece. My husband barked (shouted) at them saying "stop being so ignorant. You know 'she' (me) is deaf, 'she' (me) asked you to repeat what you said, you said it quiet so quiet that even 'i' (husband) could not hear you.
"Pointing at screen and mumbling random crap does not help a hearing person how does this help a hoh/ deaf person."
Anyway what would your response be to some one doing this to you?
Up until a 2 years ago I was 100% in the hearing world. But I have struggled for years with being told I "never listen" or " you just ignore me on purpose"

Back