Beginner of asl, a bit nurvous, but excited☺️

Ondreea

Reaction score
Hello!

Im hearing and new to ASL, ive been wanting to learn since i was very little and finally ive decided to start! Im learning online as of now with a free course and once im done i want to move forward.

I'll admit im a bit nurvous! Even with only a bit of learning i can see tht the deaf culture and the community is unique and much more than just a language! Im so intrigued but a bit nurvous about meeting new people. I want to be respectful of this new world i want to be a part of. I may be over thinking this, if so please forgive me. All in all though, Im willing to learn and id love to make new friends :)

Hi, why are you nervous? This dog do not have any nerve to learn ASL.

ZDJiZGMzZGY0MSMveTlDWHJrT3pfV05LSnVsR041dy1nVzlMN0RFPS9maXQtaW4vOTAweDkwMC9maWx0ZXJzOm5vX3Vwc2NhbGUoKTpxdWFsaXR5KDgwKS9odHRwOi8vaW1hZ2VzLm1pYy5jb20vZTFjb2JqdDFjemJkNzRrdGlibm5oMXc0bnlzbmt1Mjk0eGRsbXJjY3JzZnV1ODV4N29ucGRlM3h5NGdqazJkdS5naWY.gif

ZTZlYzQ4MzU4ZCMvTzlFZVpIX3hhcXV5WnVVMWJZX205UkJGNjNNPS9maXQtaW4vOTAweDkwMC9maWx0ZXJzOm5vX3Vwc2NhbGUoKTpxdWFsaXR5KDgwKS9odHRwOi8vaW1hZ2VzLm1pYy5jb20veWNrZHRud2V0NzBtYmZ1cm15d20ycGw4cWl4ZmF3bXpxMm1mdXUxOWxjYTU5MTNoaXhybGtzZm9kcjV5c3d0di5naWY.gif

:lol:

Welcome to AllDeaf and don't be nervous!

Thank you! I joined here to try ease the nerves :) I appricate the encouragement very much!

Welcome :bump:I totally know how you feel I'm in the same boat. Trying to learn and a little nervous but very excited!

:) glad im not alone. Its a new world, but i feel like this site has really eased the nurves. Ive been reading the posts non stop hoping to understand, and i feel like i do have more of a understanding least wat i can from just reading bits and pieces. Im more excited to find a deaf event now and make friends :)

Hi Ondreea! I am new to this group and to ASL also. I have been studying ASL off and on since January learning thru a site I joined. I am hard of hearing (HOH) with severe loss in my right ear and almost deaf in my left. I have made some new friends who are deaf and others who are HOH here where I live and it helps me to feel apart of something bigger.

Even though im not hoh or deaf, i hope to make friends in my community just have to figure out how to get inolved and in contact :) being here so far has helped me understand even a bit more and has been encouraging :)

Back