Because Bible said so!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, Puyo and Cheri!!!

I met Christlovedeaf and Cheri in real life... We have different beleif but we really have good fun together... :D

Yes, Christlovedeaf told me about you, Puyo in real life... super!!!

i know its off topics, yeah, i met cheri, angel, puyo and lieblin. Tho lieblin and i have different pov, but yet, we ve been great friends and had a great time. And Puyo, gawd, what can i say. He is awesome guy and had a great time with him. I love him a bunchie. It was a great knowing by meeting alot of yall here in AD at Angels and Brads wedding. Its been a blast

He is loving and forgiving. However, he does require justice too. That's why He sent His Son so that justice can be served. Jesus died for us so that justice that God required can be served and we won't have to pay the price. For some reason God did not extent that to the angels. When Jesus died, the angels were looking for hints that God's plan for humans would also be used for angels. They were hoping that it would be extended to them and they would be able to be rejoined with those that has been thrown out of heaven. But for whatever reasons, God decided not to extend that to them that was given to humans. That should go to show how much God loved us and thought about us.

Don't you find something a bit disturbing about the idea of a god that requires human sacrifice?

Don't you find something a bit disturbing about the idea of a god that requires human sacrifice?

It's one thing to take another human's life. Doing so wouldn't have made a different any other time.
God never did require human sacrifice, if He did, He wouldn't have had Jews sacrifice the animals.
Jesus wasn't only human, He was God!

This is different cause He gave his own life for us. He allowed himself to stay on the cross, despite the fact that he could have destroyed the earth. He could have said, "Forget this, They aren't worth this and left us all with only one desination which is Hell.

He even gave up even more before giving up his earthly life.

He gave up his home in Heaven.
He gave up most of his powers.
He gave up being near his Father.
He gave it all up for puny humans!

Just so that we can one day have a home in Heaven with God.

I think it's amazing!

It's one thing to take another human's life. Doing so wouldn't have made a different any other time.

However, this is different cause He gave his own life for us. He allowed himself to stay on the cross, despite the fact that he could have destroyed the earth. He could have said, "Forget this, They aren't worth this and left us all with only one desination which is Hell.

He even gave up even more before giving up his earthly life.

He gave up his home in Heaven.
He gave up most of his powers.
He gave up being near his Father.
He gave it all up for puny humans!

Just so that we can one day have a home in Heaven with God.

I think it's amazing!

Through out the ages and all religions, human sacrifice has been performed to in some way prevent the masses from going through difficulty. Throwing virgins into volcanos was to appease the gods, so that the volcanoes would not erupt and destroy the masses. It is still a god requiring a human sacrifice to be appeased and to prevent destruction of the people.

Through out the ages and all religions, human sacrifice has been performed to in some way prevent the masses from going through difficulty. Throwing virgins into volcanos was to appease the gods, so that the volcanoes would not erupt and destroy the masses. It is still a god requiring a human sacrifice to be appeased and to prevent destruction of the people.

Not true, God did never require human sacrafice, If so, where does He say that in the bible?

The human sacrafices that was made in history was because man thought so!

Not true, God did never require human sacrafice, If so, where does He say that in the bible?

The human sacrafices that was made in history was because man thought so!

Jesus was God made flesh. God required the death of Jesus to prevent the destruction of sinners.

Jesus was God made flesh. God required the death of Jesus to prevent the destruction of sinners.

So, it would have been better to allow us to be destroyed with no hope? He should have just left us and not care for us?

Just like mother and child? Mother sees her child in middle of road with car coming? She goes "Oh well, he knows he shoudln't be in middle of street?"

NO! She will run out in front of the car sacraficing herself for sake of her child.

God sacraficed Himself for sake of humans. He didn't have to, He wanted to because He loved us.

John 3: 16

For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have enternal life.

So, it would have been better to allow us to be destroyed with no hope? He should have just left us and not care for us?

Just like mother and child? Mother sees her child in middle of road with car coming? She goes "Oh well, he knows he shoudln't be in middle of street?"

NO! She will run out in front of the car sacraficing herself for sake of her child.

God sacraficed Himself for sake of humans. He didn't have to, He wanted to because He loved us.

John 3: 16

For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have enternal life.

And the virgins sacrificed themselves for the sake of others. It is still human sacrifice to appease the gods. In fact, they lived their lives being prepared for the honor of being tossed into a volcano. And the suicide bombers are sacrificing themselves to save humanity as dictated by their god. There is no difference.

And the virgins sacrificed themselves for the sake of others. It is still human sacrifice to appease the gods.

They did it for wrong reasons, They were never told by God to sacrifice themselves. The leaders of those rituals were never told by God to sacrifice virgins. They thought they had to. Where they got that idea from? I have no idea but you will not find it in the Bible!

They did it for wrong reasons, They were never told by God to sacrifice themselves. The leaders of those rituals were never told by God to sacrifice virgins. They thought they had to. Where they got that idea from? I have no idea but you will not find it in the Bible!

Oh, but that's where you are going wrong. They were told by their god that it was necessary. The god of the Bible is but one concept of a god. And the God of the Bible required a human sacrifice the same as the god's of other religions.

And how do you know it was for the wrong reasons? They did it to prevent the destruction of humanity, the same as Jesus sacrificed his life for the destruction of humanity. Same motive.

Oh, but that's where you are going wrong. They were told by their god that it was necessary. The god of the Bible is but one concept of a god. And the God of the Bible required a human sacrifice the same as the god's of other religions.

Their god is invention of man therefore man came up with human sacrifice. Where did God of the Bible require human sacrifice? I would like to know please.

Their god is invention of man therefore man came up with human sacrifice. not God. Where did God of the Bible require human sacrifice? I would like to know please.

He required that Jesus give his life to prevent the destruction of humanity.

He required that Jesus give his life to prevent the destruction of humanity.

Only Jesus! Jesus is God so He gave up himself! Show me where in Bible that God required any other human to sacrifice himself or herself?

Only Jesus! Jesus is God so He gave up himself! Show me where in Bible that God required any other human to sacrifice himself or herself?

Jesus was God made flesh. Are you suggesting that he was not in human form when he was crucified? He lived his entire life until his death as a human.

Jesus was God made flesh. Are you suggesting that he was not in human form when he was crucified? He lived his entire life until his death as a human.

I'm not suggesting that. He was God in a human form. Jesus possesed the power to stop the sacrifice but he did not! He allowed himself to go through the process in order to let human have a future with God. He loved us so much that he experienced the full pain and the suffering for human's sake.

I'm not suggesting that. He was God in a human form. Jesus possesed the power to stop the sacrifice but he did not! He allowed himself to go through the process in order to let human have a future with God. He loved us so much that he experienced the full pain and the suffering for human's sake.

In that case, as he was in human form when he died, he was a human sacrifice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back