Beaten up for being Deaf!

Terrible...I hope the police nail the people responsible. On a side note, I guess "deaf and dumb" really is a cultural thing in England because she described her brother that way too.....Edit to say, I re-read her response and it doesn't appear she does use that expression. Good for her....

Laura

That is terrible. I wish someone would come at me like that. Only cowards do things like this. Do you think they knew he was her brother and targeted him?

People get beat up for anything these days.....but Karma's a Bitch, ya know?....What goes around...comes around.

Attacking that young man is absolutely inexcusable. Terrible! :mad:

I don't understand this comment:

"...Disability campaigners have condemned an attack and said the government's welfare reforms are to blame…."

I don't see how the government is to blame. The attackers themselves are to blame; maybe secondarily their parents for not teaching them how to behave.

When I was out with Marty today I think some guy said something to me and I did not hear him. The guy looked at me as I was rude . I did not feel telling him I am HOH , I did not likes the looks of the guy. I hate it when people get pissed off because I did not hear them.

When I was out with Marty today I think some guy said something to me and I did not hear him. The guy looked at me as I was rude . I did not feel telling him I am HOH , I did not likes the looks of the guy. I hate it when people get pissed off because I did not hear them.
I don't know why people take it so personally when they are ignored by a stranger. Sure, it might seem rude but so what? Not just deaf people don't notice what some stranger says. People who are deep in thought about something, or texting, or listening to music, or in a noisy environment might also not notice someone speaking. It's not always an intentional slight.

Damn. That must have been one hell of a bloody nose..........

Attacking that young man is absolutely inexcusable. Terrible! :mad:

I don't understand this comment:

"...Disability campaigners have condemned an attack and said the government's welfare reforms are to blame…."

I don't see how the government is to blame. The attackers themselves are to blame; maybe secondarily their parents for not teaching them how to behave.

The article could've explained it more clearly though it's about a different point from the article itself. The Disability campaign have condemned the Bedroom Tax separate from the people of this attack.

Back