Beaming Mom Gets Stolen Daughter Back

Teekie

Reaction score
Alleged Kidnapper, a Cousin, Charged With Abduction, Arson

Luzaida Cuevas and her daughter Delimar Vera wave from the window of their northeast Philadelphia home

PHILADELPHIA (March 9) - Luzaida Cuevas knew immediately when she saw a 6-year-old girl at a birthday party that she had found the daughter she thought had died in a fire after being kidnapped as a newborn.

Cuevas, 31, and the child she named Delimar Vera were officially reunited Monday afternoon at state family services offices in Burlington County, N.J., the mother's attorney, Alexander Murphy Jr., said in a statement. The family planned a ''small, private gathering of friends and family'' to celebrate, he said.

''Luz is taking a very private approach to this,'' Murphy said Monday, before the reunion took place. ''It's been exhausting for her and for everyone, and she just wants to be able to focus completely on her daughter.''

Cuevas quickly ushered her daughter through a back door into her Northeast Philadelphia home as night fell. The girl, dressed in a blue hooded jacket and pink pants, giggled but did not speak.

Police allege that a relative, Carolyn Correa, snatched the 10-day-old girl from her crib in December 1997, torched the house to cover her crime and raised the infant as her own.

Correa, a cousin by marriage of the girl's father, is charged with arson, kidnapping and 13 other counts. Correa, 42, of Willingboro, N.J., has been held on $1 million bail since her arrest March 2.

Cuevas said she instantly recognized the girl as her daughter at a Jan. 24 birthday party. DNA tests established that Cuevas and Pedro Vera were the girl's biological parents, police said.

Cuevas and Vera, who are no longer a couple, were awarded legal custody of their daughter Friday. The three have met several times to get acquainted and to prepare for the child's transition to her mother's home.

Child psychologists believe the change will be traumatic for the girl, who has left the only home and family she ever knew. Her parents will try to alleviate any distress and confusion by calling her by the name she was given by her alleged kidnapper - Aaliyah Hernandez.

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20040308204109990002

I read about that I couldn't believe the Cousin did all that. It was A Surprising Shocked to me. I am glad the Mother and Daughter are back together again. :dance:

What a miracle she recognised her own daughter for the first time since she was 10 day old baby!!

Uh oh... I see another movie coming in! This reminds me of the movie, I Know My First Name Is Stephen. It's about a boy who was kidnapped by this pastor and rased by the pastor as a son. By the time the pastor decided to kidnap a 2nd "son", Stephen got wise and turned his "father" in. It's a good movie.

VamPyroX said:
Uh oh... I see another movie coming in! This reminds me of the movie, I Know My First Name Is Stephen. It's about a boy who was kidnapped by this pastor and rased by the pastor as a son. By the time the pastor decided to kidnap a 2nd "son", Stephen got wise and turned his "father" in. It's a good movie.

I remember this movie very well. I would love to watch it again or any ture-story fact movie like this.. Because I believe it teaches parents and child/children the signs.. and it also helps parents to remind themselves how to talk with their child/children without begin afraid to tell their parents and how to protect themselves even though how small they are but they do have lungs!

Wendy

WoW! i cant believe that! sheesh! i am sooo GLAD that mother and daughter got back together! whew!!! God bless them!!!!!

WBHarley said:
I remember this movie very well. I would love to watch it again or any ture-story fact movie like this.. Because I believe it teaches parents and child/children the signs.. and it also helps parents to remind themselves how to talk with their child/children without begin afraid to tell their parents and how to protect themselves even though how small they are but they do have lungs!

Wendy
The boy was badly abused so that when he was kidnapped, he didn't miss his family much. He finally realized it when he got older.

VamPyroX said:
Yeah, sounds like an interesting movie. I never have seen that movie before.

VamPyroX said:

:werd:

I am glad that mother and daughter are reunited at last. Her cousin is crazy. I am also glad that her cousin is in jail for kidnapping and arson. I doubt that she will bail herself out on $1 million dollars.

VamPyroX said:
Dont forget the other movie "at the end of the ocean" starring Julia Foster (I think) whose son was kidnapped at age 3 until he was found when he was a pre-teen. It was very strange but all right.

Steel said:
Dont forget the other movie "at the end of the ocean" starring Julia Foster (I think) whose son was kidnapped at age 3 until he was found when he was a pre-teen. It was very strange but all right.

Julia Foster?...No, It's was actress Michelle Pfeifer (She played in one of the movie I like called Grease 2 )

RedRum said:
What a miracle she recognised her own daughter for the first time since she was 10 day old baby!!

I agree with RedRum, It is a Miracle!...

^Angel^ said:
Julia Foster?...No, It's was actress Michelle Pfeifer (She played in one of the movie I like called Grease 2 )

Yes Its Michelle Pfeifer. I saw that movie. It got me cry. It's so good. Oh Grease 2 is my fave movie. I alway watch it.. I love the way she acted and dance.. hmm yum yum

seesh... she thought her daughter's dead.. boy.. i'm amazing that she sees that girl... how the heck her cousin hide this for years and years... i can image her cousin is been guilty all those years when her cousin bring her daughter... its too complex...

Lianca said:
Yes Its Michelle Pfeifer. I saw that movie. It got me cry. It's so good. Oh Grease 2 is my fave movie. I alway watch it.. I love the way she acted and dance.. hmm yum yum

LOL, Me too!...She is very pretty too!..I still have the tape of Grease 2!.. :D

Sorry about the off-Topic here!... :ily:

Steel said:

You mean the Deepest End of Ocean with Michelle Pfiffer, Steel?

Liza said:

So close! "The Deep End of the Ocean" was the right title.. And thats such a sad movie. It broke my heart a lot. Michelle Pfeiffer does such a wonderful job!

Liza said:
maybe I dont know the exact name because I've seen it years ago but yeah it could be the one

Back