BB curve or a 8700r?? which is better for us hh/d?

Anij

Reaction score
'Im about to get my very first BB ...

I'm looking at either the curve or an 8700r -
opinions on which is better ?

I have the 8700g. If your hearing aids have a TCoil switch Id recommend buying music links with the adapter that will make it work with the blackberry. i use it and it gives me the ability to hear the phone in BOTH ears. It works a lot better.

Let me know if you are interested, ill supply the links.

I have the 8700g. If your hearing aids have a TCoil switch Id recommend buying music links with the adapter that will make it work with the blackberry. i use it and it gives me the ability to hear the phone in BOTH ears. It works a lot better.

Let me know if you are interested, ill supply the links.

what are music links?
I have a single BTE with tcoil on my hh side
(I'm profoundly deaf on the other side, so no HA for that)

Here are the music links. They rest on top of your ears with your hearing aid on the tcoil switch. I do not think they make single links for just one ear.

Music Links and T-Links for Coupling your hearing aids to various audio devices

Here is the adapter for the blackberry. You'd plug the music link intothe adapter. Since you'd be only using one ear i am not sure how well it will work. But for me it works very well.

Blackberry 8700 8700c Cell Phone Accessories and Battery

It is the 2.5mm to 3.5mm Adapter with Microphone

Thanks !! I'll look into the links - very cool !!
They do have a single of both the music links and the t-link :) which is awesome.
I'll see if maybe my Audie can get them in direct ( sometimes they get things for less than online )

What is the difference between the "t-link" and the NoiZfree-Mobile ??
I will be getting a Curve on Monday morning ! I'm excited! They were able to do an amazing plan - so I decided to go for it!

Thanks !! I'll look into the links - very cool !!
They do have a single of both the music links and the t-link :) which is awesome.
I'll see if maybe my Audie can get them in direct ( sometimes they get things for less than online )

What is the difference between the "t-link" and the NoiZfree-Mobile ??
I will be getting a Curve on Monday morning ! I'm excited! They were able to do an amazing plan - so I decided to go for it!

If you're goign to get teh curve then I do not know if that adapter will help you. YOu may want to ask your audi.

Im not sure what the difference is between t-elink andthe noizfree mobile. Seems like similiar products.

If you're goign to get teh curve then I do not know if that adapter will help you. YOu may want to ask your audi.

Im not sure what the difference is between t-elink and the noizfree mobile. Seems like similiar products.

I'll ask my Audie ( I'm going there next week to pick up my USS360 sound signaller (to flash my lights when my Berry rings and isn't "on my body" for me to feel)

I'm thinking that it will work though - provided the jack is either a 2.5 or 3.5 ... BB Curve has a HA setting ... and T setting so I can't see why it's wouldn't work.

I'll let you know what happens !!

I'm excited to finally be getting a Berry !!

I am hearing, but I have the curve myself. I've read some places that certain models of blackberrys don't work with certain models of HAs. It doesn't seem to be that much of a problem though.

I don't really use my phone to call much. The Curve is great for texting/e-mails/messaging, etc etc.

When you get your phone, PM me your PIN so we can use the blackberry messenger, unless you didn't get a data plan.

Hi !

Yeah - so far none of the phones I've ever had have worked (handset-to-BTE) with my HA ... I have a Phonak MAXX BTE - so many it's just because it's "entry level" that it's such a PITA with phones)

I have found that it works fine if I use something that allows the phone to be away from the BTE - I was testing my current phone with normal "earphones" and found a "sweetspot" that worked AWESOME in Tcoil mode !!

Yep, got a data plan, and unlimited received texts, and 500 sends/month (I can up it if I need but for know that should be fine... I'm just not that popular !!)

if you use it mostly for email/text/PIN etc .... how much data usage do you use on average ?? I'm not planning to be "surfing the net" on it ... just emails and texts ( emails maybe 10/day tops, texts maybe 3-5, etc ... nothing crazy)

Have you thought of Bluetooth headset w/ built in microphone that look like regular wireless headphone, not the popular "star trek" type hang in one ear. My co worker have bluetooth headset and I tried it w/ telecoil on in my CI (Nucelus Esprit 3G). I can hear music clearly from her Razor cellphone wirelessly. It works up to 20 feet away. It also allow you to talk on phone without hassle with wire. Blackberry Curve shuld have Bluetooth ready for bluetooth headsets.

I hope I helped
Catty

how many megabytes do you have on your plan? Cause I use BBM, Viigo (an RSS feed reader) and I browse the internet. I have the unlimited BIS, so I don't really count.

8700 AND 8300 series are same feature but 8300 has camera, (8310)= gps, (8320)= wifi. If you dont feeling necessary camera, wifi or gps. then go with 8700 series without any regrets! ;)

8700 is ROCK!

8700 AND 8300 series are same feature but 8300 has camera, (8310)= gps, (8320)= wifi. If you dont feeling necessary camera, wifi or gps. then go with 8700 series without any regrets! ;)

8700 is ROCK!

I ended up getting the curve !! :) very cool !!!
it actually ended up ( at the store I was at ) being basically the same price for the curve (8310) , and I liked the trackball :)

I ended up getting the curve !! :) very cool !!!
it actually ended up ( at the store I was at ) being basically the same price for the curve (8310) , and I liked the trackball :)
Dude, your decision is right!

if you had some issue with your bb. let me know asap.

Good luck with your new toy. ;)

He know the BB very well and I had some help from him. He is great guy. :D
Yeah, I am glad that you helped him out with bb and his knoweldge about BB. if in case he need some feedback or something his bb issue events. You or I can answer his issue.. :D who knows

Back