Battlefield 4

Saavik

Reaction score
Don't waste your time or money, this game is pure garbage. Forget the picture they try to paint for you of this game, it's pure BS. The game is still super laggy, almost like it was during the beta.

Overall, I didn't care for this game and I'll be going back to BF3. Buy the game if you want, but I'd strongly advise against wasting your money on it.

Hmmm.... All of the online mags have given it rave reviews, but a lot of actual player reviews have been much like yours....... I won't be buying it, purely because my laptop just isn't good enough to run it (and the fact that I just kinda got bored of BF3)
When Skyrim came out it suffered much the same - maybe because a lot of top-flight and franchise game releases for the PC now are just straight Xbox ports, I remember the issues I had trying to get GTA:4 to run properly....

I'm too hesitate to buy Battlefield 4 due to no multiplayer bots, unlike COD games.

I'm too hesitate to buy Battlefield 4 due to no multiplayer bots, unlike COD games.

I'm a long time Battlefield player, but I have nothing against CoD at all, in fact, I was considering Ghosts because I like the player creator and the fact they finally let people choose female character in multiplayer.

BF4 on which console? I've pre-ordered bf4 for PS4, and might cancel my preorder if I read plenty of bad reviews. COD Ghosts will do.

They played test BETA BF4.. I don't see any lag or buggy. I think BF4 recommend new AMD's Radeon R9 280X graphic card is more powerful

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se4oy9Glj18]Battlefield 4 beta gameplay session - YouTube[/ame]

bf4-fps.gif

intro1_small.jpg

Hmmm.... All of the online mags have given it rave reviews, but a lot of actual player reviews have been much like yours....... I won't be buying it, purely because my laptop just isn't good enough to run it (and the fact that I just kinda got bored of BF3)

Once More Unto the Mediocre Breach: A Battlefield 4 Review | USgamer

It's more of exactly the same. EA just can't let you enjoy a game for years to come, they want you to buy all the DLC packs and then buy the new game which adds almost nothing new except more maps (and you can't use the old ones in it)

They're so desperate to be Call of Duty that they forgot the whole point of Battlefield was big maps and lots of vehicles.

They played test BETA BF4.. I don't see any lag or buggy. I think BF4 recommend new AMD's Radeon R9 280X graphic card is more powerful

Battlefield 4 beta gameplay session - YouTube

bf4-fps.gif

intro1_small.jpg

Just one player? Try more players = give a little lags. If you see LOW FPS as SLOW move then it's GPU issue. Nothing do with GPU. If you see frame got SKIP or freeze then lost connection then it's LAG. LAG mean poor ping, server traffic, poor bandwidth.

http://www.howtogeek.com/142193/

I don't play on consoles, I just play on PC. I have a GTX 560 TI and I'm going to save up to get a new GPU as I do easily meet minimum standards for BF4, the game in singleplayer was so laggy (Not as laggy as multiplayer) that is was almost unplayable.

One gripe I have with singleplayer is at the very end, the credits seem to take thirty minutes to go through and there is no way of skipping. But to unlock guns for multiplayer, you have to play all the endings (three total endings) and the end credits take longer than the mission. :/

If anyone has an old NVIDIA card that is better than my 560 TI, I'd love to discuss a trade or something.

I don't play on consoles, I just play on PC. I have a GTX 560 TI and I'm going to save up to get a new GPU as I do easily meet minimum standards for BF4, the game in singleplayer was so laggy (Not as laggy as multiplayer) that is was almost unplayable.

One gripe I have with singleplayer is at the very end, the credits seem to take thirty minutes to go through and there is no way of skipping. But to unlock guns for multiplayer, you have to play all the endings (three total endings) and the end credits take longer than the mission. :/

If anyone has an old NVIDIA card that is better than my 560 TI, I'd love to discuss a trade or something.

(sigh)

Read a link first.

HTG Explains: Why Lag and Low FPS Aren’t the Same Thing

Many gamers refer to any performance problem in an online game as “lag.” But if your computer’s frame rate is low, that isn’t the same thing as lag – lag and low FPS are different problems with different causes.

This article was written because so many gamers call any performance issue “lag.” Understanding what is and isn’t lag will help you identify and fix performance problems when they occur.

Battlefield 4 beta gameplay session - YouTube

bf4-fps.gif

intro1_small.jpg

Anyone notice that lately most games are forcing people to buy newer GPU or whole computer in order to enjoy the game better?

To save your money - the only way to enjoy the game by low the GPU setting and sacrifice candy-eye graphic…

If you got high ping - there are several ways to get low pings: increase download/upload internet speed (cost more) and/or don't play over WiFi.

I'm overclocking my GPU, so we'll see how much that goes toward playing BF4. I already have things set to low, but FPS drops significantly at the worst times. I'm waiting for black friday to snag (online) a new GPU for cheap.

I'm overclocking my GPU, so we'll see how much that goes toward playing BF4. I already have things set to low, but FPS drops significantly at the worst times. I'm waiting for black friday to snag (online) a new GPU for cheap.

Have you tried OC your CPU?

There's other possible issue: bottleneck. It means one or two of components restricts any increase performance. If one of components is not powerful as others, it will slow down performance. Component can be CPU, Memory, GPU, or even hard drive/SSD.

My bottleneck on my iRacing-only PC is GPU. My CPU and memory is already ahead of my GPU. I will need new GPU to keep up the pace of my CPU & memory.

Have you tried OC your CPU?

There's other possible issue: bottleneck. It means one or two of components restricts any increase performance. If one of components is not powerful as others, it will slow down performance. Component can be CPU, Memory, GPU, or even hard drive/SSD.

My bottleneck on my iRacing-only PC is GPU. My CPU and memory is already ahead of my GPU. I will need new GPU to keep up the pace of my CPU & memory.

I haven't the faintest idea if something is bottlenecking my performance.

My specs:

PROCESSOR: i5 2500k
MEMORY: 8 GB G. Skill Sniper
GRAPHICS CARD: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 TI
GRAPHICS MEMORY: 2 GB
HARD DRIVE: 2 TB
MOBO: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
PSU: Corsair TX 650

So I feel it's just my GPU that is lacking here and I don't have money to upgrade, so I'll wait until black friday and see if I can snag a GTX 670 for less.

I used to have 2500K with ATI 6970 when I played Battlefield 3. It wasn't powerful enough to run BF3 at ultra settings and I had to reduce it. Even in single player missions, I had to reduce lot when one certain mission with huge amount of AIs are around. That's when I didn't overclock my CPU and GPU (through I never had overclocked this CPU at all. lol).

2500K with 6970 is powerful enough to run iRacing with high graphic setting and with triple screen.

It's like Battlefield is designed for expensive high power PCs.

If you overclock your CPU, it might help with FPS a little bit.

I used to have 2500K with ATI 6970 when I played Battlefield 3. It wasn't powerful enough to run BF3 at ultra settings and I had to reduce it. Even in single player missions, I had to reduce lot when one certain mission with huge amount of AIs are around. That's when I didn't overclock my CPU and GPU (through I never had overclocked this CPU at all. lol).

2500K with 6970 is powerful enough to run iRacing with high graphic setting and with triple screen.

It's like Battlefield is designed for expensive high power PCs.

If you overclock your CPU, it might help with FPS a little bit.

I naver had an issue running BF3 on max graphics with a 2500k/ GTX 560 TI but BF4 is a whole different story.

I was reading at iRacing forum regarding BF4. It seems everyone been saying that BF4 is running on BF3 engine. Here's what they said how well they ran with their computer (Edited their name since iRacing required us to use our real name):

M S said:
L D said:
C W said:
Just ordered an AMD R9 280x in the hope it runs BF4 better than my 680 which runs like shit with BF.

was a bit surprised that my 4 year old i5 750 build +(only thing more recent) 6970 was running it super smooth on high, had been planning on a new build, will still go ahead but man, the complaints i have heard in the last few years while my system stood up is insane, only cost me 1k back then :?
I have an i5-2500k and a Radeon HD7950 pushing high graphics @ 2560x1440 and it plays smooth.

C ML said:
J T said:
Intel Core i5-2500K @ 3.30 GHz
16 GB RAM
AMD Radeon 6870
700W Power Supply

Runs iRacing on max and laughs about it, but BF4 is a whole different animal. I'm worried about how it'll run.

Your GPU is going to hold you back. I can run BF3 on Ultra with a 7850 GPU so you're only looking at a $150 upgrade to rock it.

N M said:
8 gb ram
Can run iracing adn Bf4 on high

Seems to me that with 2500K and HD7950 can run on high/ultra setting. I don't own BF4 and I'll take their word on that one.

Well, for first time, I bought new release Borderland 2 PC game during I was early bird buyer. It got bad laggy, buggy, crashed and disconnected then update new patches for fix bugs and improve graphic.

Back