Baptism in the Name of Jesus

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrPepperWizz

Reaction score
If you go to Deaf Evangelism Resources, it is an awesome deaf ministry website. I have met several of their Pastors. One of them and I had a talk one day. We were discussing the difference in baptizing people among different religions. I know many people will bring up Matthew 28:19- "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost." Please take a look at the Scripture again. It said in the name. Name is singular not pural. Let me take myself as as example. I am a son to my parents. I am a husband to my wife. I am a father to my children. I am a brother to my brother. I am a grandson to my grandmother. Is the above talking about one person or more than one person?. That person is me. I am singular. I am many things to different people, but I am the same one person.
If you read carefully, it does not say to baptized them in all of those names. They are the names of 1 person. Jesus Christ if the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. This is what is called a Godhead. Look at Acts 2:38- Peter said unto them " Repent and be baptized everyone of you in the Name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." There are several instances in the Bible, where they use the Name Jesus Christ to baptize people. Nowhere in the Bible does it say to be baptized in the names The Father, The Son, and the Holy Ghost. If you look at the following Scriptures, you will see in what name they baptized in.

Acts 8:16- They were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Acts 10:48- And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord.

Acts 19:5- They were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

I know many of you will rebute Matthew 28:19. The word NAME in this verse is singular,however, indicating that the phrase describes one supreme name by which one God is revealed, not three names of thre distinct persons. Thus the one supreme, saving name of Matthew 28:19 is Jesus. We are to fulfill the command of that verse as the early church did, by invoking the name of Jesus at Baptism.

Feel free to post your opinion. I am intrested in seeing the response that this topic brings.

If you go to Deaf Evangelism Resources, it is an awesome deaf ministry website. I have met several of their Pastors. One of them and I had a talk one day. We were discussing the difference in baptizing people among different religions. I know many people will bring up Matthew 28:19- "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost." Please take a look at the Scripture again. It said in the name. Name is singular not pural. Let me take myself as as example. I am a son to my parents. I am a husband to my wife. I am a father to my children. I am a brother to my brother. I am a grandson to my grandmother. Is the above talking about one person or more than one person?. That person is me. I am singular. I am many things to different people, but I am the same one person.
If you read carefully, it does not say to baptized them in all of those names. They are the names of 1 person. Jesus Christ if the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. This is what is called a Godhead. Look at Acts 2:38- Peter said unto them " Repent and be baptized everyone of you in the Name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." There are several instances in the Bible, where they use the Name Jesus Christ to baptize people. Nowhere in the Bible does it say to be baptized in the names The Father, The Son, and the Holy Ghost. If you look at the following Scriptures, you will see in what name they baptized in.

Acts 8:16- They were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Acts 10:48- And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord.

Acts 19:5- They were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

I know many of you will rebute Matthew 28:19. The word NAME in this verse is singular,however, indicating that the phrase describes one supreme name by which one God is revealed, not three names of thre distinct persons. Thus the one supreme, saving name of Matthew 28:19 is Jesus. We are to fulfill the command of that verse as the early church did, by invoking the name of Jesus at Baptism.

Feel free to post your opinion. I am intrested in seeing the response that this topic brings.

I agree with your statement. We have to remember that God is a Spirit. Even tho there is 3 part of God, They ae so alike in their thoughts that they can be considered one. It is a very hard concept for human to grasp cause we are not completely spirit yet. We are still human and human cannot completely understand the spirit relm.

I agree with your statement. We have to remember that God is a Spirit. Even tho there is 3 part of God, They ae so alike in their thoughts that they can be considered one. It is a very hard concept for human to grasp cause we are not completely spirit yet. We are still human and human cannot completely understand the spirit relm.

good explanation and i agree with you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back