Banned Cochlear Implants?

GoKiGOki48rs

Reaction score
I was researching on this projects of mine at school for this agruementative essay so i might need a help with ur opinions to access my thinking to be increased?

:sadwave:
can u help me?

unless if u want to move this to "Cochlear Impants"

Go to the library or some websites to find CI-related articles - and if you find this article that you might agree or disagree - use this article to support your argumentive points.

You have to work hard to find more information related to CI in order to create a productive essay.

my question would have asked :

"Should every deaf person use Cochlear Implants?" so do u agree or disagree? :|

me? :wiggle:

of course I DISAGREEE! :fu2:
:mrgreen:

Originally posted by Grumpy Kiki

What may work for one person may not work for other person. Enough said.

I am against to CI. But sadly I do have one on myself since I was kid, which ofc a dr brainwashed my parent for putting CI on me. I never wear it ever again, since it doesnt work on me and felt it threatened to my deafness and am very against to it. I'm proud to be deaf!

Strong opinion follows...

The first problem with the cochlear is that it has not yet been perfected, but it’s getting better all the time. The real problem is that the reverse process, hearing to deaf, does not take place. The cochlear will create a smaller and smaller Deaf population; the majority of Deaf come from a hearing family. Parents should decide for the children: hearing or deaf.

Longer rant

I dont think being against CI's means you get extra points on the Deaf Culture scoreboard.

Banning implants does nothing to promote "D"eaf culture.

If you want know about the essay as argument about Cochlear Implant for Deaf ---

I research all about the cochlear implant. It lot information than I though about it. For example, like you are looking for the general in your mind. You can talk to me on private message. I have answered the one about “Failure”.

There are lot going on with cochlear implant improve their technology to hear the sound again. The big question, “It is work, when you got the cochlear implant on you?” Is that count as banned?

Good Luck with essay

same here, totally against to cochlear implant but i had one when i was 15 year old as i dont have a power to say no as my parent come to decision! when i become 16 year old i have a power to get rid of my cochlear implant so i dont wear it anymore but the implant still in my head!

Originally posted by Waz
same here, totally against to cochlear implant but i had one when i was 15 year old as i dont have a power to say no as my parent come to decision! when i become 16 year old i have a power to get rid of my cochlear implant so i dont wear it anymore but the implant still in my head!

Waz, you said you got implanted at age of 15 yrs old at your parent's wishes.. right? and at age of 16, you stopped using it or you did use it till whenever you feel ike cuz you think you have power to stop using it. however, did you tell your parent something along the way like this: "mom, dad, just want to let you know, I don't want one and will stop using after I turn 16 that's one year away..." maybe your parent will be like uh one year to go. then it is not worth to implant you. but you got one anyway.. so what happened??

here in US the law states anyone under age of 18 is MINOR so you don't have power to say no till you reach eighteen years of age!

The operation for putting an implant in is risky, but having that in your head doesnt kill. There was a few kids who died from menegitis, because the fluid build up in the ear. Right now, when anyone's getting an CI, they get an vaccine to prevent that from happening.

What people want to do, its their decision. We can't tell those who wants to get one and likes it that we don't like CIs. A lot of deaf people do come from an hearing family so usually the drs would suggest CIs to them and that's why some do want CI on their child and some don't. But I prefer to ask my children if they want one or not when they are older and old enough to understand about the CI. I wouldn't go having them implanted without knowing if they want it or not.

Originally posted by Teekie
The operation for putting an implant in is risky, but having that in your head doesnt kill. There was a few kids who died from menegitis, because the fluid build up in the ear. Right now, when anyone's getting an CI, they get an vaccine to prevent that from happening.

What people want to do, its their decision. We can't tell those who wants to get one and likes it that we don't like CIs. A lot of deaf people do come from an hearing family so usually the drs would suggest CIs to them and that's why some do want CI on their child and some don't. But I prefer to ask my children if they want one or not when they are older and old enough to understand about the CI. I wouldn't go having them implanted without knowing if they want it or not.

I second that teekie :) and its all what i had planned on say ing but mengenits part no i don t have any friends who died from that but as long as they are well informed and decide for themselves, they do KNOW we are against it but we can't tell them how to live thier lives.

Either way it's the parents choice. If a parent decides they don't want to implant thier child, or to wait till the child is older, that's their choice. Parents make decisions for their children all the time based on their environment. For some, implantation is best for thier child. For others it's not. It is not anyone elses right to interfere with that decision.

I still wanna ban CI but of course it is alot of debate over CI for years to years for sure!!

I learned today that a 2 and a couple months old child I know of that has an implant since 12 months born profoundly deaf was recently tested hearing at 10 decibels.

And receptive communication was at a 3-4 year old level.

Expressive is at 2.

Thats the answer to those that want to wait around before implanting.

Originally posted by Grumpy Kiki
my question would have asked :

me? :wiggle:

of course I DISAGREEE! :fu2:
:mrgreen:
I disagree 100%. It should be up to the person if he/she wants a cochlear.

Back