Bakers refuse to makes wedding cakes for same sex couples

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kevin Swanson, Right-Wing Pastor: Gay Couples Should Be Told To Die On Their Wedding Day

Oh wow, that why I prefer to have wedding ceremony in private property and anti-gay activists are not welcomed.

If anti-gay Christians choose to attack on gay wedding ceremony so LGBT groups could attack on their ceremony or their businesses as revenge.

Gay people were fired from job, denied the marriage, denied the government benefits, abused by law enforcement so make sense for take revenge on religious organization that against on LGBT.

There are millions of gay and lesbian in our country, only lesbian couple in this article and few other couples, especially situation with religious florist are stupid and ignorant. It is possible to have several situation that aren't reported on media. The intelligent gay couples will take business to somewhere when they realize that business owner is anti-gay and not bother to report to media outlet.

Most LGBT people are very intelligence and smart, but some people are not. I had problem with small number of lesbians that disrespect me.

I haven't hear about HRC gets involved with Oregonian bakery and I think HRC knows it was unfortunate situation - not discrimination by legal. The baker refused to make wedding cake for lesbian couple due to religious belief. CP pointed that baker used name calling. I believe that lesbian couple should buy a cake from LGBT owned bakery or other bakery that support LGBT - I'm sure it is plenty in Oregon.

The same sex couple that were refused service based on the bakery owners'
religious beliefs, made death threats as well. Also, people who protested made death threats against the bakery owners' family.

The bakery owner has a guaranteed right to practice their religion. The homosexual couple did not have a right to threaten.

religious beliefs, made death threats as well. Also, people who protested made death threats against the bakery owners' family.

The bakery owner has a guaranteed right to practice their religion. The homosexual couple did not have a right to threaten.

Gay people received death threat by anti-gay Christians too, also I received death threat when I was teen because of my sex orientation.

Anti-gay Christians don't have right to threaten against gay people.

FYI, not all protesters made death threat - just some immature people and there are many people got death threat for various reason.

Do you clearly understand about my post #382? Yes or No

Issuing death threats is not a sign of tolerance but a sign of absolute hatred.

Issuing death threats is not a sign of tolerance but a sign of absolute hatred.

What about gay people received death threat because of their sex orientation?

I thought this thread was about a bakery store owner who received death threats from the supporters of a same sex couple ?

Isn't that why they shut the store down?

They refused to make a cake, then insulted the patron, then wondered why people were upset.

Business went down, and yes threats were made, probably by both sides. The truth will never be known, but they really should have made the cake.

They refused to make a cake, then insulted the patron, then wondered why people were upset.

Business went down, and yes threats were made, probably by both sides. The truth will never be known, but they really should have made the cake.

Nah - not if it violates their religious beliefs. They do have a right to refuse service to anyone.

This is a big discussion in gun control debates too - I have the right to carry a firearm, but not on private property - if the business owner asks me to leave, I have to.

I thought this thread was about a bakery store owner who received death threats from the supporters of a same sex couple ?

Isn't that why they shut the store down?

Sweet Cakes by Melissa who denied lesbian couple wedding cake forced to close after death threats | Mail Online

This thread cover between lesbian couple and bakery owner.

No, according to Oregon news, they said state department got involved that made bakery to close their store and transition to home bakery.

All businesses run risk and they received death threat from angry, tasteless customers. You have to deal with it and gay people received death threat because of sex orientation.

I'm more worried about state or federal got involved over death threat. Most death threats are tactic to scare the business owners.

I don't condone any type of death threat and don't blame on LGBT people over country. We cannot control on stupid and immature people made death threat.

Last edited:

Also, state department got involved too and the legal battle is very expensive.

I think it's outrageous the people kids were getting death threats. What do the kids have to do with this ???

They will win under appeal. Here is why:

“The investigation concludes that the bakery is not a religious institution under the law and that the business’ policy of refusing to make same-sex wedding cakes represents unlawful discrimination based on sexual orientation,” said Charlie Burr, a spokesman for the Bureau of Labor and Industries.

That is a quote from the article you posted.

An Indian restaurant is also not a religious institution, yet they do not serve beef as it is a violation of the owner's religious beliefs. The owner of an Indian restaurant has a 1st Amendment right, just like the owner of the bakery.

They will win under appeal. Here is why:

That is a quote from the article you posted.

An Indian restaurant is also not a religious institution, yet they do not serve beef as it is a violation of the owner's religious beliefs. The owner of an Indian restaurant has a 1st Amendment right, just like the owner of the bakery.

1. we cannot force a restaurant to serve the food they do not serve
2. a business establishment is a public place meant to serve the public regardless of race, gender, religion, etc.
3. all business establishments must abide by state and federal laws
4. again - we cannot force a restaurant to provide something they do not serve such as forcing a bakery to serve a steak, hamburger, hot dog, or bagel. :roll:

the quote you just posted will be basically get their appeal thrown out before the judge finishes reading the first line.

1. we cannot force a restaurant to serve the food they do not serve
2. a business establishment is a public place meant to serve the public regardless of race, gender, religion, etc.
3. all business establishments must abide by state and federal laws
4. again - we cannot force a restaurant to provide something they do not serve such as forcing a bakery to serve a steak, hamburger, hot dog, or bagel. :roll:

the quote you just posted will be basically get their appeal thrown out before the judge finishes reading the first line.

Nah - it won't get thrown out. The bakery owners have a 1st Amendment right. Don't like their first amendment right .. don't shop there. Simple really.

Nah - it won't get thrown out. The bakery owners have a 1st Amendment right. Don't like their first amendment right .. don't shop there. Simple really.

which was never infringed upon by the government. these bakers discriminated against the customers. don't like the discrimination law or certain people? don't bake in Oregon.

which was never infringed upon by the government. these bakers discriminated against the customers. don't like the discrimination law or certain people? don't bake in Oregon.

Why would someone not want to bake in Oregon? Would it be that Oregon discriminates against Christian bakers exercising their 1st Amendment rights?

Do they not have 1st Amendment rights in Oregon? Can a Jewish deli in Oregon refuse to sell pork based on their 1st Amendment rights? Can an Indian restaurant refuse to serve beef based on their 1st Amendment rights?

Let me ask you this ... is a 1st Amendment right a Constitutional right, or is sodomy a Constitutional right?

yeah ... the baker will win on appeal.

Why would someone not want to bake in Oregon?
so you're saying a business establishment should be allowed to prohibit black people or women or Asian people because it's their 1st Amendment rights?

Would it be that Oregon discriminates against Christian bakers exercising their 1st Amendment rights?

Do they not have 1st Amendment rights in Oregon?
I'm really sorry that you're still confused and I see that you have trouble understanding the laws.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/02/03/us-usa-oregon-gaymarriage-idUSKBN0L703320150203
"The law provides an exemption for religious organizations and schools, but does not allow private businesses to discriminate based on sexual orientation, just as they cannot legally deny service based on race, sex, age, disability or religion," bureau spokesman Charlie Burr said in a statement.

"The bakery is not a religious institution under the law," Burr said.

simple - either convert your business establishment into a religious institution or follow the laws. and guess what? they broke the laws.

if your head is still stuck in the loop, then I don't know what I can do for you.

Can a Jewish deli in Oregon refuse to sell pork based on their 1st Amendment rights? Can an Indian restaurant refuse to serve beef based on their 1st Amendment rights?
ok. it's official. you have lost your marbles. that's why people like you keep losing. if you believe they should have rights to refuse to bake a cake for gay couple, then you must have believe that any business owner should have rights to kick black people out.... women out... Asian people out.... because of their bigot/racist views.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back