Bakers refuse to makes wedding cakes for same sex couples

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno. And it doesn't matter.

I am glad that you believe the blog and CBN though.

there we go. try to kick that quibbling habit and stick to fact.

FYI - the blog and CBN did not say that. it was the business owner said it to them that they're losing money. and that's a fact.

there we go. try to kick that quibbling habit and stick to fact.

FYI - the blog and CBN did not say that. it was the business owner said it to them that they're losing money. and that's a fact.

I am glad that you believe that. :)

I don't see any quibbling though.

I am glad that you believe that. :)

I don't see any quibbling though.

I agree. There can be only one quibbler who quibbles over quibbling drivels.

w18nf5.jpg

Oh wow, what's crazy quibbling.

I want go to Tahoe Lake with Kokonut. :ugh: :lol:

Patty cake, patty cake, baker's man
bake me a cake as fast as you can
roll it, pat it, and mark it with a B
put it in the oven for Bobby and me

patty cake, patty cake baker's man
if you have a problem with a man on a man
I'll get the DoJ to roll you up, pat it and throw you in the can

First, this isn't about my beliefs....it's about the bakery's beliefs.

Second, the bakery has a right to believe as they wish, a right to freedom of speech (including artistic expression) AND a right to free exercise of religion. All of these rights are guaranteed by the constitution. Doing as you suggest violates our constitution 3 different times.

Religion is a protected class just like any other. Should Elton John be forced to play at Westboro Baptist event? Should Kayne West be forced to perform at a KKK rally?

If you want to talk about a better America rather than a bitter America the best place to start is by remembering that America is a free country and people shouldn't be forced to believe the same thing as others believe. That comes with freedom of association which just happens to be another constitutionally protected right.

I have no position to say about religious as you know already. however, I can say one thing about religion. I often heard that religion is the one who gets in the way with people and causes them suffer. sad. so lets enjoy of moving on. :)

I have no position to say about religious as you know already. however, I can say one thing about religion. I often heard that religion is the one who gets in the way with people and causes them suffer. sad. so lets enjoy of moving on. :)
Right, thank God for that Congress telling WBC and such to get the **** out. Religion has no control over politics. Proof > Abortion - legal. Same-sex marriage - legal.

If an item isn't on the restaurant menu, that's not discrimination.

If a service isn't listed on the business's options, that's not discrimination.

For the bakery, it would be discrimination if access is denied or if service is refused for an existing product. The bakery should be specific in what it offers with a clearly displayed disclaimer. That is, under the cake listings, it should specify that cake designs are limited by baker's discretion, based on Christian principles. That would cover decisions on same-sex weddings, vulgar birthday cake greetings, and any other design that the bakery deems incompatible with their beliefs. That puts the limitations on the product, not the customer.

Why is the statement "We don't have anything against lesbians or homosexuals," almost always immediately followed by a description of precisely what that person has against lesbians and homosexuals? It's like these people can't comprehend the meaning of their own words.

Why is the statement "We don't have anything against lesbians or homosexuals," almost always immediately followed by a description of precisely what that person has against lesbians and homosexuals? It's like these people can't comprehend the meaning of their own words.

Do you have anything against people of faith going into business to support their children?

It depends on what people mean by "against."

Sometimes it means "we don't support" or sometimes it means "we will forcibly destroy" or sometimes it means "we don't care one way or the other."

"Against" and "for" are vague terms with many interpretations.

Yet in this case it was the gay people getting "in the way" of people and causing them to suffer. :hmm:

How is that? You tell me that one. I did not realize how serious you are with gay people. :shock:

I have no issue with "gay people." I have an issue with people who try to affect the rights of others. That is what this gay couple did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back