Bakers refuse to makes wedding cakes for same sex couples

Status
Not open for further replies.
They could have just made the cake and peed in it or spit in it....something vindictive. Instead they were honest with the couple and chose to exercise rights guaranteed to them by the U.S. constitution. If it was just a simple cake then they gay couple should be able to find another bakery. Why was the gay couple so intolerant? That is the question.

Sorry, your belief isn't the same as mine. let this aware issued in public and make some beliefs change for better.

Sorry, your belief isn't the same as mine. let this aware issued in public and make some beliefs change for better.

First, this isn't about my beliefs....it's about the bakery's beliefs.

Second, the bakery has a right to believe as they wish, a right to freedom of speech (including artistic expression) AND a right to free exercise of religion. All of these rights are guaranteed by the constitution. Doing as you suggest violates our constitution 3 different times.

Religion is a protected class just like any other. Should Elton John be forced to play at Westboro Baptist event? Should Kayne West be forced to perform at a KKK rally?

If you want to talk about a better America rather than a bitter America the best place to start is by remembering that America is a free country and people shouldn't be forced to believe the same thing as others believe. That comes with freedom of association which just happens to be another constitutionally protected right.

First, this isn't about my beliefs....it's about the bakery's beliefs.

Second, the bakery has a right to believe as they wish, a right to freedom of speech (including artistic expression) AND a right to free exercise of religion. All of these rights are guaranteed by the constitution. Doing as you suggest violates our constitution 3 different times.

Religion is a protected class just like any other. Should Elton John be forced to play at Westboro Baptist event? Should Kayne West be forced to perform at a KKK rally?

If you want to talk about a better America rather than a bitter America the best place to start is by remembering that America is a free country and people shouldn't be forced to believe the same thing as others believe. That comes with freedom of association which just happens to be another constitutionally protected right.

Right onnn! Right on, man. More power to you.

Just sad that there are still bigots and racist people out there.

Who? The married Christian couple at the bakery store? Is one or two of the lesbians black? I don't remember seeing race as a factor here in this thread nor in the story.

:lol: It's not about my perspective. And frankly it is not of interest or benefit to me to clarify this for you. You are stating that this blog is fact....that is exactly what Billy and the baker want you to believe so I am ok with that. :)

I'm sorry you feel that way. I thought we were engaging in a conversation to reach a mutual understanding of each other's perspective. I guess not.

FYI - what's there to clarify if you've never stated it at all?

I'm sorry you feel that way. I thought we were engaging in a conversation to reach a mutual understanding of each other's perspective. I guess not.

FYI - what's there to clarify if you've never stated it at all?

I suggest you read post 315 and 319 again.

I agree. But I hope you noticed that only one party in this incident was trying to force their beliefs on another party.

Meh, I told you where to look.

unfortunately it's vague. just because you're pointing at something doesn't mean it makes any sense. I cannot read your mind. I thought you're moving on. :dunno2:

you seem to pull that line all the time whenever you get in a bind.

I wasnt discussng my thoughts....if you read you will realize that. :) Anyway, you have stated that Billy's blog is fact. :cool2:

Meh, I told you where to look. Anyway, you have stated that Billy's blog is fact. :cool2:

so Billy whom you said is your friend... he's incorrect?

and do you have any fact that says otherwise? that is - this bakery making profits and going well?

I wasnt discussng my thoughts....if you read you will realize that. :)

you said "perspective". obviously - you and I have different perspective... and I've said this several times.

are you that kind of guy who likes to repeat things? and whatever happened to "moving on"? I guess you're also that kind of guy who can't move on either?

so Billy whom you said is your friend... he's incorrect?

and do you have any fact that says otherwise? that is - this bakery making profits and going well?

It doesn't matter. As long as you believe the blog, it served its purpose.

It doesn't matter. As long as you believe the blog, it served its purpose.

perhaps you should tell your friend that he is incorrect :lol:

and you have failed to prove me otherwise that his claim is incorrect.

perhaps you should tell your friend that he is incorrect :lol:

and you have failed to prove me otherwise that his claim is incorrect.

1) I haven't said he was...

2) I didn't even try. Not necessary.It is great that you believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back