Bakers refuse to makes wedding cakes for same sex couples

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaron and Melissa Klein, owners of the bakery, may face fines up to $150,000 which would bankrupt them. A gay evangelical Christian Matt Stolhandske had offered to help them out by raising money. He has raised so far - $4,000

The Kleins say the $150,000 fee will bankrupt her family. I’m raising money to help offset that cost. I’ll send whatever we raise along to the Klein family with a message of love and peace. I don’t want them to suffer. But I am also pleading with them and other Christians to stop using the name of Jesus to explain to the LGBT community why we don’t deserve access to the civil rights afforded to heterosexuals through the legal institution of marriage.

I hope the Kleins will accept this sign of good will. After all, they must see that our goals here are the same – to live our lives as we see fit and be treated equally under the law.

But the Kleins declined his offer. hmmmm!

http://dailysignal.com/2015/02/09/b...couple-found-violate-anti-discrimination-law/

No, my head is not stuck in a loop. All I did was ask a very basic question. Does the State of Oregon discriminate against private business owners whom practice their 1st Amendment rights?

It is really a very simple question.

Should the government and control freaks force a private business owner to compromise their 1st Amendment rights?

Isn't the 1st Amendment a Constitutional right?

Let me make it even more simple. Wouldn't this be comparable to the Taliban holding a sword to your neck and demanding that you "convert or pay a tax"? In other words, you do not believe in the "morality" of the Taliban, but must be forced to agree against your will.

I somehow don't think that is legal in America. maybe it is in China.

No, my head is not stuck in a loop. All I did was ask a very basic question. Does the State of Oregon discriminate against private business owners whom practice their 1st Amendment rights?

It is really a very simple question.

Should the government and control freaks force a private business owner to compromise their 1st Amendment rights?

Isn't the 1st Amendment a Constitutional right?

Let me make it even more simple. Wouldn't this be comparable to the Taliban holding a sword to your neck and demanding that you "convert or pay a tax"? In other words, you do not believe in the "morality" of the Taliban, but must be forced to agree against your will.

I somehow don't think that is legal in America. maybe it is in China.

by refusing to answer my questions and continuing to loop around, you already lost. period.

you believe the Kleins were well within their constitutional rights to refuse to bake a cake for gay couple. well do you also believe KKK bakery have constitutional rights to refuse to bake a cake for black people?

that is the very basic question that you continue to refuse to answer. by refusing to answer it, your argument has zero merit. sorry but you cannot cherry-pick this and that to suits your view. it's called bigotry. this is America, not China.

I surpose he got the right to say that it just show he bigot

Refusing (or deciding not to) to serve specific FOOD is not the same as refusing (or not deciding/wanting to) serve specific PEOPLE aka CUSTOMERS.

Really sad to see those kind of people like the bakers who think they have power.

by refusing to answer my questions and continuing to loop around, you already lost. period.

you believe the Kleins were well within their constitutional rights to refuse to bake a cake for gay couple. well do you also believe KKK bakery have constitutional rights to refuse to bake a cake for black people?

that is the very basic question that you continue to refuse to answer. by refusing to answer it, your argument has zero merit. sorry but you cannot cherry-pick this and that to suits your view. it's called bigotry. this is America, not China.

So, do the bakers have a 1st Amendment right or not? Apparently, you don't think they do. That must categorize you into the group of control freaks that would use government force to strip away people's Constitutional rights.

So, do the bakers have a 1st Amendment right or not? Apparently, you don't think they do. That must categorize you into the group of control freaks that would use government force to strip away people's Constitutional rights.

their rights were never infringed upon. I've answered your question.

my turn, pretty please? do you also believe KKK bakery have constitutional rights to refuse to bake a cake for black people?

their rights were never infringed upon. I've answered your question.

my turn, pretty please? do you also believe KKK bakery have constitutional rights to refuse to bake a cake for black people?

So your answer proves that you do not believe a private business owner has a 1st Amendment right.

Thank you.

To answer your question ... did this baker refuse to bake a cake for the KKK? You know .. because the baker might think the KKK is immoral.

So your answer proves that you do not believe a private business owner has a 1st Amendment right.

Thank you.

nope. that's not what I said but whatever floats your bigotry boat.

nope. that's not what I said but whatever floats your bigotry boat.

So, a KKK member walks into a bakery and explains they are having a celebration to commemorate a lynching and they want a cake for this purpose. The baker refuses.

So the baker is a bigot in your opinion then?

Thanks for clarifying that the baker is not only a bigot, but does not have a 1st Amendment right. In your opinion that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back