Bad News:

Hang in there, Cheri and keep up the good work with your dad. He seems to be doing better already so far. :hug:

Seems like your dad is improving. Slowly but indeed improving!

Nursing homes are so much different than they were in the past. Many are equipted with activities and therapy.

Make sure you and your family keep close touch with them to make sure his needs are being met. Nursing homes do not like pesky family members but they do listen and tend to keep the residents and family members happy.

All the best Cheri.

i agreed!! Cheri had hard time on dad also and i told that on post but dont push to doctor and include self..

my late grandma also stroke but she still in bed and wheelchair but she dont walk very well but she very weak..

i want give tips to cheri and she MUST listen to doctor to says on her dad's stroke and she must accept but i accept on my grandma's stroke im learn from my dad says i cant judge myself..

I've met many strokes patients on the rehabilitation floor where my dad is at, there are many patients with different type of stroke depend on what part of the brain is damaged. Every stroke is different. Each person affected by stroke have different problems and different needs. Do you understand what I'm saying? so please do not compare your grandmother to my father, while I don't know your grandmother's case. but I do know my father's case.

Some of those patients at the hospital on the rehabilitation floor had started rehabilitation within 24 hours after a stroke, some of them started weeks after their stroke, my dad started 2 months after his stroke and he only had a little bit of rehab, but now that had changed. :)

Hello Cheri, I'm so glad and thankful that you have never given up on your dad. He has you as his support and you know your dad very well. You know he really wants to improve. After reading Reba's post that the nursing homes now have place where the patients could do therapy/excercises so that they won't lay in bed all the time, I felt much better. I originally thought that nursing home means the last stop before they die as they just lie in beds. Glad it's not the case today...thank goodness:) For as long as your dad has you and the rest of your family rooting for him, there is hope. God bless you!!!

I thought the same as you did when my mom had discussed about moving dad to a nursing home facility then I had a better understanding what her plans were. We will give this place a try, and if we aren't happy with process that dad receiving then we will look into other rehabilitation programs. ;)

cheri
your family are still in my thoughts everyday :) i know how struggle into recovery goes. AND it long road to recovery as he is doing hugs

My dad wanted to see his two golden retriever dogs and permission was granted by the Hospital to let us bring dad's two dogs this Saturday to greet dad. My dad is so excite. :P

My dad wanted to see his two golden retriever dogs and permission was granted by the Hospital to let us bring dad's two dogs this Saturday to greet dad. My dad is so excite. :P
Good! Animals can be a great encouragement. :P

Good! Animals can be a great encouragement. :P

and animals like this two dogs would bring happiness and healthy connection to the ill patients and they love animals at the nursing homes or hospitals. That is the good way to bring the two dogs to your Dad, Cheri. Dad will be content and relieve to have them there with him. Good thinking, Cheri. :hug:

Animals are miracle worker. They are so full of surprises. No wonder I love animals. :D Glad to hear that your Dad's 2 dogs gotta have a great visit.

that great..

mention on post i know about my grandma's stroke case but im sure she been hospital few times for sugar blood my dad and my uncle can manage on my grandma's stroke.But im been visit my grandma lots before she passed away

i respect you i know you had hard time care of dad lots hugs..

Awesome! :D

Perfect way for the dogs to get your Dad to be happy as ever.. that would be wonderful indeed for sure...

Cheri, that's awesome your dad got to see his dogs. I have to agree with OP that animals are good therapy.

Update:

Dad had been transferred to the nursing home facility yesterday and it's near my work. Mom told dad that I was working and he had called my work yesterday :shock: I had gotten a chance to talk to him on the phone while a co-worker listening in to tell me what dad says.

Dad had been transferred to the nursing home facility yesterday and it's near my work. Mom told dad that I was working and he had called my work yesterday :shock: I had gotten a chance to talk to him on the phone while a co-worker listening in to tell me what dad says.

that great

Back