Bad News:

Praying for your Dad's surgery to go well. :hug:

They want to do surgery on Monday to remove the rest of the build up fluid in his lungs because all of it is not coming out on it's own from the tube that they had placed in his lungs to drain the fluid.

It's a risky surgery but it is very necessary because if they don't remove the build up fluid which he already has a staph lung infection from it, he could die, and the surgery could last about 2 to 3 hours.

It is always one thing after another. *sigh*

:(

i will pray for you

Update:

The surgery went good, but he will be on ventilator for a few days to help his lungs. If anyone doesn't know what a ventilator is, it's really a machine that helps a patient to breathe, really it is to bring oxygen into the lungs.

I can't be in the room when he's on a ventilator, I just can't handle it. It's too much for me.

cheri - it's a relief to hear that surgery went well. don't let the ventilator bothers you too much.

Cheri - will continue to pray for your father. Sometimes a ventilater can be a good thing. My mother was on one for 3 days to help her lungs heal after double pneumonia. She is doing fine now.

I didn't say it was a bad thing, It is a scary experience when you see someone you care about so much on a ventilator, it can be very difficult and emotional.

This is not the first time my dad was placed on a ventilator, the first time was when he was in the intensive care unit (ICU) at Reno.

And Thank- you for the prayers. :grouphug:

Cheri..your dad will be stronger and will be able to breath on his own .. so do have faith for him to be well enough..

The surgery went good, but he will be on ventilator for a few days to help his lungs. If anyone doesn't know what a ventilator is, it's really a machine that helps a patient to breathe, really it is to bring oxygen into the lungs.

I can't be in the room when he's on a ventilator, I just can't handle it. It's too much for me.

that great on results of your dad's surgery,cheri

many million families can visit parents after surgery i know you wont want visit dad till he removes vent.

when my dad had heart surgery last June 2004 and i didnt bother him and my brother going with my dad on surgery day and i visit him after surgery and his heart surgery very good and no problems but i dont bother his vent when my dad had it but im been visit my dad lots im support my parents and also my family too..

Glad he pulled through surgery. Let's hope he'll pull thru all the way to day he leaves the hospital.

:ty: to everyone for your kind wishes, thoughts and prayers.

Glad your dad's surgery went well. I will continue praying for him. :hug:
(Sorry, I am late!)

Update:

Tuesday has been the most devastating day. They had him on a heart monitor with a bunch of wires leading to the recording device and a ventilator. It was horrible.

Today, they took him off the ventilator, his lungs are almost clear and that's a good sign. :P

They're supposed to shock his heart on Dec 6th, they gonna do this while he's under anesthesia, they want to get his heart back in the normal regular rhythm.

I'm glad to hear it went well but I'm sorry that it's distresting for you to watch him be on a ventilator. My thoughts are with you and your family. :hug:

Back