Background noise uhh

C-NICE

Reaction score
My Baby Sister's wedding was yesterday, and once again background noise made hearing a struggle(Music, People talking & General racket). Luckily everything quieted down for the ceremony. Even with my Niadas certain social situations are a struggle.

Ughh I hate all the background noise when trying to hear!!

At my job we have an apparently super loud pump system so most people already sound muffled. And we have radios in one ear so that we can talk to each other is needed, and everyone seems to get on the radio asking for help while I dealing with a customer and need to hear them!! I just can't win. I usually just nod my head at my customers and bluff.

I'm also super lazy and have refused to find a doctor to help and see if I can get properly fitted for hearing aids

I'm also super lazy and have refused to find a doctor to help and see if I can get properly fitted for hearing aids
Why? I think you are condemned by your own words. Are you looking for a different sort of job? Probably time you started.

I also turn off my hearing aids if background noise is to much. Rather not here than give myself a headache haha

Yep, I turn them off more and more often lately. I prefer the silence.

Yup... I tend to run around with my hearing aids out or turned to T coil (I listen to music- that drowns out the tinnitus). I'm the same way... loud events/get together just makes me go somewhere and sit lol.

In fact that happened at the networking event I just went to. It was in a dark-ish bar (only light there was LED blue/pink/red so the entire room was bathed in blue light in the dark) and of course noisy with music and the sounds of voices. Nice... I know networking is 'important'- necessary? in job hunting but geesh....

At my job we have an apparently super loud pump system so most people already sound muffled. And we have radios in one ear so that we can talk to each other is needed, and everyone seems to get on the radio asking for help while I dealing with a customer and need to hear them!! I just can't win. I usually just nod my head at my customers and bluff.

You can look online for an audi and set up an appointment and have a hearing test to see what it the best kind of hearing aid for your hearing lost. Rehab may help with the cost of
the hearing aids as long as you working or going to school .

Rehab may help with the cost of
the hearing aids as long as you working or going to school .

Depending on the state, Voc Rehab will also pay for your hearing aids if you are unemployed. My state- they paid for it in full; it would have been something like 80/20 if I were working.

I've gotten used to loud noises. The transition from an analog hearing aid to a digital did help. But my hearing family and friends even complain about having conversations in a loud environment. I guess we are not alone.

Depending on the state, Voc Rehab will also pay for your hearing aids if you are unemployed. My state- they paid for it in full; it would have been something like 80/20 if I were working.
My state is the opposite. If you have a job it is 100% if you don't there is a co pay of some kind.

Go to or call the state's unemployment office and ask for the contact for handicappers or disabled. Vocational Rehabilitation. Then you will get the help you need. Anytime you need assistance to work they will help. My hearing aids were paid for by funding that was available through that office. Not sure where you are living but I am in Michigan - it is part of the Department of Health and Human Services.

There are also other agencies that will help the deaf with hearing aids and the cost for them. One of those agencies is run through the Catholic Social Services, it is their Lions Club.

Not sure if we can share hot links or not. http://hearingloss.org/content/financial-assistance-programs-foundations for a complete list.

Why? I think you are condemned by your own words. Are you looking for a different sort of job? Probably time you started.

I am switching positions at my job so that I'll be a dog trainer in the isolated dog training arena. That way I can hear people better. And I've always hated doctors so... I figure it's best I avoid them

Back