Auto theft hot spots

illustrator

Reaction score
Nearly 1.2 million vehicles were stolen in the US in 2001. The vehicle theft rate per 100,000 people was up 4.5% that year marking the second consecutive year of increases in the auto theft rate following a 10-year decline.

Theft per 100,000 people)

Fresno, Calif. - 980
Phoenix, Az - 1,081
Miami, Fla - 1,048

Originally posted by illustrator
Nearly 1.2 million vehicles were stolen in the US in 2001. The vehicle theft rate per 100,000 people was up 4.5% that year marking the second consecutive year of increases in the auto theft rate following a 10-year decline.

Fresno, Calif. - 980
Phoenix, Az - 1,081
Miami, Fla - 1,048

:eek: :shock:

Funny thing was I parked my old Toyota Camry on the street in downtown Cleveland where many cars were stolen. Guess what? My car was not stolen. From what I understood, Clevelanders love sporty cars.

In Tucson, I brought my 1994 Toyota Corolla with me, no one wanted to steal my car. I found out that Mexicans preferred TRUCKS.

Now, I am currently reside in San Francicso where Toyota cars are still popular to car thieves. My car is still safe and sound. I found it very strange.:eek:

Originally posted by Oddball
Funny thing was I parked my old Toyota Camry on the street in downtown Cleveland where many cars were stolen. Guess what? My car was not stolen. From what I understood, Clevelanders love sporty cars.

In Tucson, I brought my 1994 Toyota Corolla with me, no one wanted to steal my car. I found out that Mexicans preferred TRUCKS.

Now, I am currently reside in San Francicso where Toyota cars are still popular to car thieves. My car is still safe and sound. I found it very strange.:eek:
Maybe your car smell like a "smelly cat" so everyone had to leave ur car alone...

DC area has high auto theft rates and the dumping area is just up the road from here --

i drive a black Honda Civic and its on the list of 1 of the most highly stolen vehicles and so far not taken *knock wood*

BUTTTTTTTTTT 1 morning i caught a car not from around here and the passenger get out of the car going towards MY car and when the guy saw me walking out of the house he got BACK into his car and LEFT -- i knew right away something was up and it was either my car GOING to be stolen OR stealing some auto parts from my car oh sheesh :shock:

Originally posted by pimpdaddyposse
Maybe your car smell like a "smelly cat" so everyone had to leave ur car alone...

Haha.. you are phunney. I doubt it because I believe they preferred their own choices, I guess.

Originally posted by Fly Free
DC area has high auto theft rates and the dumping area is just up the road from here --

i drive a black Honda Civic and its on the list of 1 of the most highly stolen vehicles and so far not taken *knock wood*

BUTTTTTTTTTT 1 morning i caught a car not from around here and the passenger get out of the car going towards MY car and when the guy saw me walking out of the house he got BACK into his car and LEFT -- i knew right away something was up and it was either my car GOING to be stolen OR stealing some auto parts from my car oh sheesh :shock:

Whoa. You followed your instincts. I will do the same if I bust someone walking towards my car. I will cuss at him/her loudly and chase him/her out of here. Of course, I will call cops and make a report.

Originally posted by illustrator

Fresno, Calif. - 980
Phoenix, Az - 1,081
Miami, Fla - 1,048

What about Houston in Texas? What's theft rate?

Back