authentic goes surfing....

More surf updates? How's the gopro working out for you?

The north shore on Oahu, Hawaii has been pumping and serving up world-class waves this winter.

Overhead, double, triple and even quadruple overhead waves all the time.

Been getting a lot of big waves!

Here's the forecast for later this week:
Thu '12/19'
Rising Later - W-NW
8-12++ Feet
20 second forerunners

Fri '12/20'
Rising - W-NW
15-25+ Feet
11' 18 seconds

Sat '12/21'
Dropping - W-NW
10-20 Feet
reinforcement

Sunday I have a surf contest at Makaha. I am currently in this season's lead with the most points and most contest wins for another state championship in both the hearing and deaf category of the Longboarding in the Hawaii Surfing Association. Go me! :lol:

Today I saw on the webcams that Ocean Beach, San Francisco is EPIC. Perfect overhead waves, but sooooo cold! And the paddle out is brutal. I don't miss it. It's great over here. :wave:

-Aquaman

Here's some pictures from last week at Pipeline on the North Shore of Oahu to keep this thread alive.

I'm in the middle of the photo waiting for the big one that's rearing up right behind me.
Waiting%20for%20a%20bomb.jpg

Catching and dropping on a big one.
Dec%202013%20Pipe%20Drop.jpg

Getting barreled:
Dec%202013%20Big%20Pipe%20Barrel.jpg

Swallowed up:
Dec%202013%20Small%20Barrel.jpg

Getting spat out in a vapor of mist:
Dec%202013%20Spit%20out%20of%20Barrel.jpg

Dennis, when are you going to visit?!?

Deaf surf contest this weekend at Turtle Bay. :wave:

-Aquaman

Denis! you have a good sense of humor! laughed heartily from your posts about a shark ... =)
Be of good cheer, my friend!

Here's some pictures from last week at Pipeline on the North Shore of Oahu to keep this thread alive.

I'm in the middle of the photo waiting for the big one that's rearing up right behind me.
Waiting%20for%20a%20bomb.jpg

Catching and dropping on a big one.
Dec%202013%20Pipe%20Drop.jpg

Getting barreled:
Dec%202013%20Big%20Pipe%20Barrel.jpg

Swallowed up:
Dec%202013%20Small%20Barrel.jpg

Getting spat out in a vapor of mist:
Dec%202013%20Spit%20out%20of%20Barrel.jpg

Dennis, when are you going to visit?!?

Deaf surf contest this weekend at Turtle Bay. :wave:

-Aquaman

Looks fun! I don't know when I plan to visit Hawaii. Are you coming to California US Deaf Open at Huntington Beach this summer?

1476594_10151930874898884_1132645165_n.jpg

Yes, I plan to come for that deaf surf contest at Huntington Beach. I then have the Coeur d'Alene Ironman triathlon race the following weekend in Idaho so I won't be staying at Huntington Beach past the contest. Just showing up for the contest and then leaving right after.

I fly to San Jose first with my family, then was thinking of driving down to the contest and back. Or flying. Haven't decided yet. Need to rent a board though - don't want to pay expensive baggage fees just to have a surfboard for two days of contests. Anyhow, maybe you and I can travel together. I'll send you a text right now so you have my new number. Let me know if you didn't get it.

-Paul

Back