audio test

illustrator

Reaction score
I went to audiology to test my ears. There are problem for me... while wear the headsets, and the doc push the button to send the sound into my ears. For some reason, my head start went like "ring in my head" and it seem fool me. I couldn't tell which one I actually hear or not. It's like echo in my head. :|

I used to have a similiar problem like that when i was young, as when i press the button the audiology said i havent press the sound yet and i said oh i though u did!

Originally posted by illustrator
I went to audiology to test my ears. There are problem for me... while wear the headsets, and the doc push the button to send the sound into my ears. For some reason, my head start went like "ring in my head" and it seem fool me. I couldn't tell which one I actually hear or not. It's like echo in my head. :|

fucking :werd:

happens to me all of the time I hate it

Yeah i agree with Illustrator, it has happen to me many times. Sometimes my hand would go up and the audiologist would say to me "I have not done anything yet" Go figures.

I get this all the time. I hear the first few well... then the ringing starts to echo in my head so I think I hear it and press the button as well. Makes me look stupid cuz I'm "playing" with the audiologist. Grr...

I just sit there and do nothing and just ignored the damn sounds that the audiologist keep press the buttons and turn the volume higher enough to hurt my eyes but i am still ignored. THen audologist let me go home earlier. :mrgreen:

I went to audiology to ask for fix my hearing aid. they require to have hearing test. sound stupid. they should know better I have hearing lose. I dont need hearing test. oh boy

Originally posted by VamPyroX
I get this all the time. I hear the first few well... then the ringing starts to echo in my head so I think I hear it and press the button as well. Makes me look stupid cuz I'm "playing" with the audiologist. Grr...

LOL yeah i know - hehe i do that sometimes

Sometimes, when I push the button for no reason, she'll give me that weird look then I get embarassed that I am listening to some fake noises. They should come up with a different tone of sound that doesn't repeat in your head, that way... we won't make mistakes like that more often!

Originally posted by GoldenLeaf74
I went to audiology to ask for fix my hearing aid. they require to have hearing test. sound stupid. they should know better I have hearing lose. I dont need hearing test. oh boy

Well, they need more specfic on special wave where it will match. Therefore, they will be able to make hearing aids for only one person. For example, my left ear is 10% hearing-able. And they have to put the specfic number to throw the pitch what I could hear than rather hear high or low - but equal to listen the sound. You know?

Phew you aint the only one. It happend to me and I always having a problem telling if thats a real beep. I sometimes make a fool of my self and the audiologist just look at me wierd. Dammit I hated that.

I have this problem every time. When I was growing up, I did the same thing, second guessing the sounds. Finally, last two audio tests, I just told the lady bluntly that I am unable to do the test because there is ringing in my ears. She was like ok, and I did it again other day. Same result. Finally, she said: "Hearing aids are not for you. You would benefit better from tactile aids." I was like "Umm ok, I knew that already." LOL So I live w/o hearing aids or tactile aids.

Originally posted by LeviathanC
I just sit there and do nothing and just ignored the damn sounds that the audiologist keep press the buttons and turn the volume higher enough to hurt my eyes but i am still ignored. THen audologist let me go home earlier. :mrgreen:

:laugh2: good one.. I never liked audio and speech stopped takin them when I was a freshman in h.s cuz it was TOTAL waste of my time to miss class for what? *scoffs* my mom knew i was losin interest in speech class lol even tho I can read lipread but if some1 was rude to me I wud act dumb at work :rofl:

Believe me, I love taking audiological tests because it was FUN to hear high pitch sounds. I know I sound weird. It was fun for me. When I was RIT student, I took audiology course for a part requirement for MSSE (MS degree in Deaf Education). I used the audiological test on hearing classmate. I learned alot by using tools.. It was fun!!

In contrast, I hated attending speech therapy at HS and it was pain in my ass seeing my fucking ugly speech therapist. She was pure BITCH. One day, I decided to skip speech therapy to take make up history test, then I returned to speech therapy. I got bawled about skipping speech therapy. She surely pressed my buttons, I fed up with her, finally bluntly called her BITCH in loud!! I am serious.. I did call her BITCH. She sent me to the office for that. RME. I explained to my guidance counselor about my situation with her. He understood my situation plus I got my teacher's explanation reason why I took make up history test. My guidance counselor waived me and warned me not to call her BITCH. I never forget my wonderful hearing HS guidance counselor. :naughty:

yeah that happens to me ALL TIME i go to audio test :o i always wait until i feel vibrator or HIGH volume and i will raise my hand lol

Originally posted by illustrator

same thing happens to me all the time! I hate it!! I looked at my old audiology tests and they all don't look the same. One test says I am 75 or higher and another test says I am 95 or higher. I am supposed to be very profoundly deaf.

Back