Audie Wants Me to Get $5200 Hearing Aids (Resound) Need Help, Recommendations etc

Hey everyone. I finally have a good audiologist. She's great and was super helpful. Said that the other tests were showing some of my cochlea hair weren't badly damaged, but I had other inner ear damage in addition to my temporal bone fracture.

Anyway as much as I love her and will keep her as my doc, I might go a different direction than the HAs she's suggesting (though whatever I get she'll help fit and follow up with me with)

She's trying to get me on the Resound HAs. I have severe loss in that ear, close to prefound. I'm active, need something that can connect with Bluetooth and things, and have problems with background noise. The HAs are $2600.

I have Colorado Medicaid which doesn't cover a cent of HAs. In the past I had military insurance which was different. Anyway I've been recommended to the Starky Foundation by friends and I'm filling out packets for them but they seem like they only cover certain models. I've already set up an appointment with our state DVR to see if they can help since I need my HA badly for work and school, but I know DVR is a slow process.

Does anyone have experience with Resound HAs? Are they worth the outrageous price and trying to get someway to pay for it. If Resounds aren't worth it, any others people recommend? I

I've been in contact with Audicius and they have some standard models, the guy says they have models suitable for my hearing loss, they'd only be like 500-600$ a piece. But are these online sites reliable and good quality?

You guys have all been such a great help and I appreciate all your input and advice. Thank you!!!!!!!!

I used Audicus because it was more convienient, and cheaper than the $6000 the audi wanted. The programming was spot on first time and I didn't need to get adjusted (and my hearing loss is reverse slope and rare. Dr. Meredith Fetch did my programming, so see if she can do yours!

Back