ATM fraud: Banking on your money

I saw the segment this morning on GMA thats why I NEVER let my ATM out of my hands for any reason, IF i need to buy something and they don't have the swiper in front of u, then what i do is just do a debit card and I ask to do it myself on swiping my own card and the employers have no problem with that MOST here on this island have the offical swiper IN FRONT of the customers, thoses that don't loses a customer like me, UNLESS I need it NOW and can't delay anylonger then what i do just hand it to the lady or gentleman, and walk to the side watch them swipe my card and make sure theres NOTHING below that is inconspious, even around this holiday season i don't trust anyone in a retail market never know they themselves CAN and plby WILL screw thier lives up by screwing ours!

i am glad that you brought the issue up. I went to SF muni station on Civic Center and Market Sts. I tried to feed money on BART ticket by using my atm card on the atm machine, but some homeless men annoyed me and other customers.. i was not comfortable. Whats more that machine was not reliable. I finally found one machine more reliable. I use cash to feed BART ticket. Sighs. I told ticket agent about homeless people annoying us at atm machines inside SF MUNI station.. RME. She was aware of the situation and told me we cant do anything about it. Gee :mad:

:madfawk: @ criminals operating fake atm machines.

I will from now on use debit cards and withdraw cash only from my banks.

Thanks for the link - that makes me keep my eyes more alert on those atm machines - how should I know which ones are licensed from banks? One thing I truly hate about banks is that they have this hidden surcharge fees from my home bank. What I meant is that I do get fee like 1.50 for using my debit card to withdraw cash then I get another 1.50 from my own bank for using other bank's business. ARGHS. I'm going to give them a call tomorrow and see :wtf: they're doing with the hidden charges. Have it ever happen to you guys? Any advices?

You could use checks instead.

Another way is:

Wal-Mart lets people to use Money Orders. Go to the Service Desk and order M.O. for your purchase. Its charge is not much (I think compared to ATMs).

Back