Assault at school

Lil_country_gal

Reaction score
Assault at Apollo leads to arrest

A Waite Park man was taken to Stearns County Jail in connection with an assault at Apollo High School.
Advertisement

St. Cloud police say Steven Michael Haack, 18, was arrested Thursday after they investigated a report of an assault that happened Wednesday.

A 16-year-old victim said Haack kicked, stomped and attempted to strangle her in a hallway at the school, according to police. Haack is identified as her former boyfriend.

The victim sought medical attention.

Haack could face a charge of felony domestic assault by strangulation.

Assault at Apollo leads to arrest | sctimes.com | St. Cloud Times

This was at my school and the victim is my best friend

It said: "This was at my school and the victim is my best friend." Does this mean you, Lil C, or was this sentence included in your quote?

I hope the girl files a restraining order against him immediately and never see him again. I think assault is too easy - he should have been tried for attempted murder. And the fact that he did it during the daytime (I'm assuming based on conclusions drawn from the article) at a school setting...damn. He didn't care who saw him or what. This guy is dangerous...even lethal. I hope the judge isn't easy on him.

This is what they arn't telling you is she had tried to file a restraining order earlier but the school social worker poo pooed it and just told them to ignore each other. which didn't work and no he lost control of his anger and really didn't even realize what he was doing until after. and he admited to it and he is looking at up to 12 years in prision. i'm saying the attack happened at my high school and the victim was is my best friend and they wouldn't release him until she left the country on her germany school trip

I'm sorry to hear your best friend has been injured. I hope she'll seek counselling when she is ready.

That social worker should be held accountable too because one should never dismiss her fears and the reason she wanted a restraining order.

She should get one now, just in case he gets out on bail.

I am sorry to hear about your best friend. I do hope she will get the restraining order, just in case that guy bailed out.

I do hope that school social worker will learn to listen to the students whether it is more serious or not this time.

I hope your best friend got a counseling help and hopefully she is doing okay now.

I'm sorry to hear your best friend has been injured. I hope she'll seek counselling when she is ready.

That social worker should be held accountable too because one should never dismiss her fears and the reason she wanted a restraining order.

She should get one now, just in case he gets out on bail.

I, too, am very sorry to hear about this tragedy. She definately needs to sek counseling and support services.

Absolutely, the social worker needs to be held accountable. All claims of domestic violence should be taken seriously. It is up to a judge to decide of there is evidence to issue an order of protection, not the social worker. The social workers job is to assist the victim in navigating the system and accessing support.

Another thing that they don't tell you is that she was an instigator in the matter. She has been bothering him for a while now and she on that day broke the last straw with racial terms and then ran up and kicked him. He knows what he did was wrong but she did start it and he just broke. He was doing really well for ignoring it untill she did that.

As for a restraining order there isn't really a point. He wants to stay as far away from her as possible anyways.

Oh my dear, I'm very sorry to learn about your best friend and hope everything goes well for her. :(

Thanks everyone she just left for germany the lucky duck i'm so jealous. Everything setaled down here except some of the friends in our group our split on what happend i'm just glad she's okay and away having fun right now.

Dang. She needs to get RO on him and hope he's suffer in his sentences.

Back