ASL Student Introduction - Needs your help!

gregg

Reaction score
Good evening, alldeaf.com! My name is Gregg. I'm taking my first ASL class in College. My first class has just ended, and my second class starts on Monday. I absolutely LOVE ASL and have really enjoyed learning the language and all about Deaf culture.

I've decided to do a special independent project for my ASL class. I need help with finding a device that takes sound and converts it into light. Do you know where I can find such a thing?

I'm interested in meeting people and practicing ASL. IF you have Skype and are willing to work with someone who is just starting out ASL, please let me know.

Thanks!
Gregg

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. You mean when there is an instrument to make lights flashing while the sounds from the music is affecting the lights flashing, right? I don't know where to get it and probably it might be at the music store. You can ask about that. :dunno:

Have fun reading and posting all the threads here plus discussing and debating. See you around here. :wave:

Try harriscommunication.com
however, most of the items are such as a door knocking light flasher, a baby cry flasher, telephone, etc.

Try harriscommunication.com
however, most of the items are such as a door knocking light flasher, a baby cry flasher, telephone, etc.

Now I understand what the OP is trying to say if he is deaf, not hearing. Yes, we do have flashers for all this devices. What a duh I am. :roll:

Yes, I am hearing, but I'm trying to do something special for a class project. I looked through Harris Communication and they don't have what I'm looking for. It's going to be something very simple that changes the intensity of a light based on the volume of the sound. If anyone knows where to find something, please let me know.

I might have to talk to the Electronics professor and see if he can help me make something if I can't buy it somewhere.

Good evening, alldeaf.com! My name is Gregg. I'm taking my first ASL class in College. My first class has just ended, and my second class starts on Monday. I absolutely LOVE ASL and have really enjoyed learning the language and all about Deaf culture.

I've decided to do a special independent project for my ASL class. I need help with finding a device that takes sound and converts it into light. Do you know where I can find such a thing?

I'm interested in meeting people and practicing ASL. IF you have Skype and are willing to work with someone who is just starting out ASL, please let me know.

Thanks!
Gregg

you look on http://www.alldeaf.com/sign-language-oralism/75678-students-looking-asl-buddies.html

That is help you follow on ASL buddy you want to interest about to ASL buddy I can help you

@smithtr: THANK YOU for referring me to that thread! I'm posting my Skype details right now on that thread. I'm on Skype and would love to practice ASL.

Thanks again!!!
Gregg

@smithtr: THANK YOU for referring me to that thread! I'm posting my Skype details right now on that thread. I'm on Skype and would love to practice ASL.

Thanks again!!!
Gregg

welcome you :D
Great you are happy :D

Back