Asl Learning App For Young Children

Would you use an app that helps children learn ASL?

• I'm already using one.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I would teach it myself.

• No.

• I don't have children.

• Total voters

dana95

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I am trying to develop a free app that will help young children who are hearing impaired or have parents who are, learn ASL.
I'm trying to get as much information as possible from people in the community who have children, or learned ASL as a child. What would you be looking for in an app like this? What has your experience been like teaching/learning ASL? What are some specific hardships kids have learning ASL? Have you used technology before to help you with ASL?

I would really appreciate if you could take a minute to comment, it would be very helpful! Specifically if you have a story to share or answers to any of those questions or anything else that is relevant. Anything will be appreciated and taken into consideration!

-Dana

I would want the app to be by Deaf people and be sure the child was getting an accurate language model.

I would want this fory babies. I try to teach them but videos are much more fun to watch then mommy lol. But most apps or videos are to fast or are to advance for children.

Back