ASL Immersion Workshop - Boston, MA

zephren

Reaction score
:giggle:oops, Bott <and Zephren> - made a mistake.....

hope you and your wife enjoy, zephren:)

My wife and I had a great time at this event. There were about 40 participants with skills ranging from beginner to fluent.

In addition to games and other activities, they had 5 classes they ran over the course of the day - deaf/blind overview, ASL bloopers, ASL idioms, fingerspelling, and facial expressions. Even having signed for 20 years, I picked up some good tips and grammar rules from the native signers who lead the workshop.

I plan to be a regular volunteer at this event. My wife is looking forward to going again next year to see after another year of signing under her belt how much more she'll pickup.

@journeyfree: Thank you for your blog "Stop saying you sign badly". I asked my wife to read that before we left. It help to maintain a positive attitude. She said she was much more conscious of not say "Sorry" and just doing that best she can. You have a lot of great topics on your site.

@journeyfree: Thank you for your blog "Stop saying you sign badly". I asked my wife to read that before we left. It help to maintain a positive attitude. She said she was much more conscious of not say "Sorry" and just doing that best she can. You have a lot of great topics on your site.
@zephren somehow I didn't see your message until now. Sorry for the delay! Thank you for your kind words, and I'm glad it was beneficial!

Back