Armed robber stopped by armed citizen

Reba

Retired Terp
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is from my local paper, yesterday. The Waffle House isn't far from my neighborhood.

Police: Would-be robber of North Charleston Waffle House was armed

The would-be robber of a North Charleston Waffle House was armed Saturday when a customer intervened and fatally shot him, according to North Charleston police.

There were no other customers at the restaurant, located at 6907 Dorchester Road, at the time, said Lt. Angela Johnson. She did not say what the attempted robber was armed with.

Shortly after 5 a.m., police responded to reports of an armed robbery and shots being fired at the North Charleston eatery. When officers arrived, they found the suspect had been shot.

The Charleston County Coroner’s Office identified the suspect early Sunday as 19-year-old Joshua Jermaine Davis. He died at Medical University Hospital.

It is unknown where Davis resided, but the family believes he lived with a friend in downtown Charleston, according to Johnson. She said police are not pressing any charges against the customer at this time and that a report on the shooting would be released Monday.

Armed robber stopped by armed citizen

. . . The intervening customer, who has not been identified, had a permit to carry a pistol, authorities said.

A restaurant employee expressed gratitude for the customer’s action.

“He saved us, that’s what he did.”

Said an officer at the scene: “It says something about firearms ... for good people with firearms being in the right hands.” The policeman said he was not authorized to speak for the North Charleston Police Department.

Post and Courier

Score 1 for the good guys.

I'm picking up a new Ruger 9mm this week to practice for getting my CC permit.

Back