Armed group take over Oregon wildlife refuge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
My comment was about general procedures, not this particular shooting.

It would be helpful to the investigation if they have some ground level footage from other cameras. It's really hard to see details on the aerial footage.

Thank you for explaining the content of what you were saying. I agree it would be "less suspicious" if the FBI, in their attempt to be transparent, had released such videos. For them to not release those videos, and the one from the furthest distance away, to me personally, was not very transparent.

I saw Finicum's left leg jerk, right before he reached to his left. I also saw the officer in the lower right aiming a gun at him, while holding it in his right hand. He then placed his left hand on it - both hands are on the gun at this point, and then aims the gun. I also see the recoil right before the officer looks down at his right foot which slipped in the snow.

Finicum's left leg jerking was a reaction to being shot - he then reached to where he was shot. Both, the officer and Finicum's actions as described above, happen almost simultaneously.

I cannot unsee this ... it very much appears that Finicum was shot while his hands were up and while he was attempting to surrender.

Also, Victoria Sharp, who was the 18 year old girl inside of the vehicle with Finicum and the others, has now publicly stated that he was shot when his hands were up.

Mod note:

Thread closed per OP's request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back