Arizona State University

Live3Him

Reaction score
Hey, have you ever heard of Arizona State University? If so, is the deaf program there good? what about the support services? are the interpeters good, do they provide note-takers/c-print??

Give me a few days and I will get your answers

HI, I am glad that you asked about Arizona State University. Well, I am University of Arizona alumnae. I have a several buddies who have attended or are attending ASU, but I am happy to ask them for information.

I do believe that UA and ASU have similiar problems: interpreter issues. If you want interpreters in your classes at ASU, you must notify Disability Resource Center at ASU about requests for interpreters EARLY, so you will able to get interpreters ready for your classes.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I am willing to ask my ASU buddies for you though. I will make a new post soon. :beer:

Oddball said:
I do believe that UA and ASU have similiar problems: interpreter issues. If you want interpreters in your classes at ASU, you must notify Disability Resource Center at ASU about requests for interpreters EARLY, so you will able to get interpreters ready for your classes.

Yeah- at all colleges with a deaf program, you have to notify the disability center about requests for interpreters.. :)

do you know how many deaf/hoh students there are at ASU?

hmm, strange.. I thought they have an terp ready in 24 hour notice, but for a class, yeah, you have to request in advance like in June or July to keep the same terp for the whole semester..

ASU happens to be one of my options to go later on..

Back