Arizona Drivers!! Watch out!

Jiro

If You Know What I Mean
Premium Member
Reaction score
PSA: Don't mess with Arizona...license plates

If you live in Arizona, you might want to take a run down to the garage and check your license plate, because as of January 1, a new law has been implemented that makes it illegal to cover the word "Arizona" on your tags.

The state legislature initially passed the law way back in 2006, but delayed its implementation until now. Fines for covering the state's name on a number plate will vary from city to city, but they're expected to average around $135 plus court fees. Many aftermarket license plate frames pose the risk of turning drivers into ATM machines instant lawbreakers (check out the warnings/disclaimers posted with these items the ASU bookstore). While other states have similar laws in place, the proliferation of more than 60 different specialty plates available in Arizona may complicate matters, but something tells us that Arizona police will find a way to make drivers pay.

Rest assured, this debate's not over, either. State Senator Jay Tibshraeny (R-Chandler) is working on legislation that would repeal the law. Tibshraeny points out that the fines are exorbitant (the no-seat-belt fine in AZ, by contrast, is a paltry $10), and he feels that the law will simply lead to more "pretext stops" by police officers.

I saw the info on the bulletin board when I visited the COPD (to help me find a job) and I removed the frame the first thing I arrived home.

I noticed there are some cars out there that has now illegal frame covering part of the plate.

Kansas state need that law cuz I have seen some cars covering "Kansas" and county like "JO" Or "WY" ect.. There are time I want to put down lic number but it was covered but not the number and dont know which state or county was that. It's not good if someone were involve serious violation or crime and drove off and you're the witness and need to pick out what state and county it was.

Kansas have law that it is illegal to have neon lighting around the license plate. Because it prevent anyone to see number with bright neon light shining around it. I had one for few days and cop pulled me over and he explained why neon lic plate light is illegal. I didn't knew about it so luckily I got home and removed it then packed thing in box and went to Auto part for refund. I told the sale clerk that you are selling lic plate which is illegal here in KS so he didn't know and refunded me.

Catty

I can't believe about Kansas neon license plate ban law. :crazy:

I can't believe about Kansas neon license plate ban law. :crazy:

Yep, I thought so but cop said that when you look quickly at the neon lighted lic plate in dark, you get blinded temporarily thus losing chance to see what's actual number on plate.

Catty

Back