Argh, Need Job!

TheXandieBoy

Reaction score
I need a job. Let me know anywhere in Portland/Gresham, OR.

The reason I asked about ever you have job before. I just have interview and recent got second interview from same company. It is exciting for me to start all ahead my life out there. I am 23 years old with some college.

I learn my mistake about apply the job because I was in college with no job. I was saving the money for no job for while which I made stupid idea. They told me, "You need to have employee or job less than 6 months. The last job you have is one year which already passed 6 months. You need start all over again." I was like hopeless and start work restaurant. I want share and advice about this.

If you have trouble to get hired from large company or anything such as office work then that mean you have no employee more than 6 months. What I have to do is all start over new history with lousy job which I work dishwasher and patient. I work dishwasher for 4 months and then bus the table for 3 months. I got phone rang for set up the interview. I learn the different between restaurant and fast food. I rather to work restaurant because I used to work fast food that manager expect me to do all work between pre-food, dishwashers, and bus the table each 20 minutes. Ugh! The restaurant is just position where you are responsible for that job and nothing else. Let stay work there for 6 months and then you can search for other job such as office or whatever you want to work. It will help your employee history looks well because the interview can talk to your current job, “How does Andrew work well?” If no job and will be hard to get into clerical office work.

If you are high school and then I would suggest restaurant because I don’t know what kind fast food in your town but the McDonald being good? You can look around and what kind job. If you choose the restaurant and more like flexible to get the day off work. They will need you every Sunday like my job. I am looking forward to quit the job.

My interview offers me a great position that I never think of that ever happen to me. They are offering me health insurance with 100 percent, one week vacations every 6 months, and one sick day every 2 months at first day of job. Not like other work I used to be waiting 3 months or more.

I better stop and get idea what I want to share about my mistake. Good luck with job.

I think best way is look in the classified section in the local newspapers and look for suitable jobs that'll fit what you want or need. That's how I found my job...of course, some were word of mouth -- hearing about job openings via friends or people in general. :dunno: how you do the job hunting up there.

xandie---- when you are finish high school and can find job -- if you are looking summer job then find ONE -- many does hiring :)

Well, I used work before ... I was like 10 or 11 years old. I know i was so young to work. My mother's old boss pay me to clean the dental office .. it's good money. They paid me $20/hr. Just two to three hours work every week. Also, two years ago I worked at Girls Dorm at Deaf schools for temporary. Right now, I working for website ... I make it for companies. So, I'm applying at walmart and some hotels.

Why not become a male stripper in Oregon's male bar? They make $1000+ a day!! You can strip for bacholorette's party. That will help you pay off your car.. :lol:

TheXandieBoy said:
Well, I used work before ... I was like 10 or 11 years old. I know i was so young to work. My mother's old boss pay me to clean the dental office .. it's good money. They paid me $20/hr. Just two to three hours work every week. Also, two years ago I worked at Girls Dorm at Deaf schools for temporary. Right now, I working for website ... I make it for companies. So, I'm applying at walmart and some hotels.
XandieBoy, I suggest you try ask your mom if possible can re-hiring you back work same place where you used to be work at clean Dental office.. What do you think?
Is that 5 days work full time or part time ?
*I'm out of curiouisity about yourself*

you will be 20ish in few months later -- many high school students and start go to college students will be able to work -- you work when you were 10 then should be ok to take it back -- i start mine when i was 13 for summer job and help my dad's office during the school days -- that was kewl!

you able to take it back - :)

Back