Are you shy to wear a HA/CI or don't care?

Pinky

Reaction score
It's no offend about it. Just express your feeling about wear them in public or cover it? Is that bother you or not??

idc if anyone sees my ha!it's black too so if i have my hair up anyone can see it but i dont think ppl really notice or they dont care..plus i'd rather they see it to know im hoh then to assume i can hear everything they say..esp the babblers

I'm VERY proud of being hoh. Worn hearing aids since I was three, and it's kinda obvious (from my voice) that I'm hoh.

I'm not shy about wearing my hearing aid. It doesn't mean that I show it off either. I just treat my hearing aid like something I wear and not flaunt.

I've seen people flaunt theirs. :roll:

I'm not shy about wearing my hearing aid. It doesn't mean that I show it off either. I just treat my hearing aid like something I wear and not flaunt.

I've seen people flaunt theirs. :roll:

What do you consider 'flaunting' and why is it not okay?

LoL Vampy! That's true about people's show off of theirs. I am not show off my ha either. I want to be more style for my ha match. You know I mean.

I used to be shy to wear them when I was kid. My husband think it's silly to be shy.

I have to accept who I am. Everyone know I am deaf. If I don't wear ha and hearing people thought I am hearing because I don't wear them. I told them I can't hear. It's bother me when they thought I am hearing. If I am wear HA. They will know I am deaf.

I don't like to have a color earmolds. It's too much attention. I prefer clear.

Some people do have CI and HA when they are in hearing world and want to cover theirs and not want to show them that they are deaf or hoh. They never experience with deaf community. Hearing people would make fun of hoh or deaf's speech sound funny.

well, i don't care what people thinks about my hearing aid. some people stare at my hearing aid like i'm different, i didn't like that and i just ignored it. i wear two HA and clear earmold. i remembered a hearie person mistaken my hearing aid for radio.

Nope. I'd rather wear a HA than look stupid from misunderstanding questions. I don't think the public cares about the HA anyway.

Hearing people would make fun of hoh or deaf's speech sound funny.
That's why I wear my purple aid. It draws attention to the fact that I'm hoh and not retarded. You have NO IDEA how many times people have thought I'm retarded just b/c of the quality of my speech!

I did to begin with, I mean it wasn't really comfortable using an HA in highschool, especially considering the mindset of the 80's. On top of that, it was an ear canal type of aid. How they noticed it is still beyond me! LOL Today, I use a CI, although its HUGE compared to the HA I wore, I don't give any thought as to how I am perceived with it. It is true, now it's more how you carry yourself than what is attached to your ear(s), sometimes I have a little fun with those who have no idea - "Oh yeah, it's the latest mobile/bluetooth device you can attach to your head!" :D

I don't really care about wearing my HA in public places, I'm so used to it by now that I don't even notice if people stare at me. I have a T-Shirt that I love to wear because it says "Keep talking, I like watching your lips move!" People laugh at it and I just say It's true! what really drives me crazy is when someone is talking to you but not looking at you! It is really hard for me to know what they're saying! I need to see lips!!! haha but not really embarassed to wear my HA, I guess you could say I'm Proud!

My hair is very short, and my CI is always visible. Its not that I'm flaunting it, its just the way it is. I love my CI, so I don't mind if people ask me what it is. On more than one occasion its lead to some wonderful conversations!

No, I am not shy to wear both HA. I quitted to wear HA over 20 years ago.

I am perfectly happy to have my hearing aids show. I think I was more self conscious when I was younger.

That's why I wear my purple aid. It draws attention to the fact that I'm hoh and not retarded. You have NO IDEA how many times people have thought I'm retarded just b/c of the quality of my speech!

My father always said to wear a hearing aid alerts people before they talk to me I am deaf. It just now occured to me he was worried they would think I am retarded. He is dead so I can't ask if that is what he meant.

It's never bothered me to wear mine. I had long hair while growing up (ya know, the BIG 80's hair ?? :D ) so I think it wasn't obvious then. Now I wear my hair up quite a lot so mine are visible but doesn't bother me at all.

doesn't bother me. I don't care if people see my hearing aid. I'm the one wearing colored earmolds and putting stickers onto the hearing aid so it stands out!

I did to begin with, I mean it wasn't really comfortable using an HA in highschool, especially considering the mindset of the 80's. On top of that, it was an ear canal type of aid. How they noticed it is still beyond me! LOL Today, I use a CI, although its HUGE compared to the HA I wore, I don't give any thought as to how I am perceived with it. It is true, now it's more how you carry yourself than what is attached to your ear(s), sometimes I have a little fun with those who have no idea - "Oh yeah, it's the latest mobile/bluetooth device you can attach to your head!" :D
:lol: And don't forget to tell them, also, that the Off/On button is right underneath yer big toe! And that the volume control is done by rolling your eyes clockwise/counterwise! :lol:

Back