Are you "embarrassed" by your hearing loss?

Grummer

Yes get very embarrassed now, never used to, now its like i cant buy back 50 damn years, all "mishaps" seemed to be explained to me, all my fault, , now worse off even more, so even more embarrassed. im not just 'deaf', the world out there the hearies are actually behaviourally 'deaf' !! sigh

Saavik

Embarassed, nope, frustrated with people getting angry with me because I can't hear them well, yeah.

Sherlyn

Rather than being embarassed, I feel very frustrated and afraid to open up. More often than not, i pretend i understand what others say. I was taught from a young age by my mother to hide the fact that I am HOH, because she thinks I'll get belittled and tells me to hide it from employers if i can. I'm still trying to come to terms with being open about it, but its really going to take a long time before i can. When i tell people im close to, they often tell me they don't know because i hide it pretty well.

Kelliebean

I don't really get embarrassed but every once in a while I'll be in a situation that will be a cause for some embarrassment at not being able to hear what's going on and reacting strangely because of it. My personal favorite is when I say "Oh, I'm sorry, I have hearing loss" Or something along those lines and someone responds with "Huh?" The first few times it happened, I genuinely thought I needed to repeat myself. I now realize it was just people being assholes. Even my best friend does it to me.

Barbaro

I dropped off my hubby at the hospital for hernia surgery. I couldn't stay in the waiting room because my son was at his school. Anyway, I had errands and picked him up at the school. I went back to the hospital on the time after Hubby's surgery was over. I planned to pick up my hubby after he felt better and ready to leave in his recovery room. It was about 8 pm. The problem was the office was empty due to business hours. I looked at the phone on the desk. The sign next to the phone said that I have to call in case the patient's surgery was over and where the recovery room is. Oh, really???? Do you expect ME to call on that phone? I had to find a hospital security guard and explained that I couldn't call on the phone and asked her to take me directly to hubby's recovery room.

mr bean wtf GIF