Are there any hearing aids that will give me what I'm looking for?

DislikeDigitals

Reaction score
I want a hearing aid with power and will give me the ability to hear everything around me, like analog hearing aids. I don't want something with Bluetooth, compression, noise reduction/cancellation or something that is going to pick and choose for me what I can hear. No bells and whistles or anything fancy. Just something that is going to amplify the sounds around me so that I can hear it. I want to hear like a normal hearing person.

Since analog hearing aids are no longer made or sold, I have to go with whatever is available in the hearing aid market. So what company or hearing aid will give me what I'm looking for or at least something close to it?

I want a hearing aid with power and will give me the ability to hear everything around me, like analog hearing aids. I don't want something with Bluetooth, compression, noise reduction/cancellation or something that is going to pick and choose for me what I can hear. No bells and whistles or anything fancy. Just something that is going to amplify the sounds around me so that I can hear it. I want to hear like a normal hearing person.

Since analog hearing aids are no longer made or sold, I have to go with whatever is available in the hearing aid market. So what company or hearing aid will give me what I'm looking for or at least something close to it?

You can get a reconditioned analog aid at this site. I have a set from there and very satisfied with this business place.

http://www.heareasy.com/

ear-horn.png

Here is one for you! :laugh2:

I wish I could help. I am getting a few of my Rextons fixed for the time being. I looked on eBay and found another pair like the ones I have. The are going to have to be sent off to be set and cleaned up. Good luck. I often think that the companies have forgotten about all the customers choices on what they want to hear. The range of choices are wide as to helping e every one but limits as to what we can truly afford to get access.

I wish I could help. I am getting a few of my Rextons fixed for the time being. I looked on eBay and found another pair like the ones I have. The are going to have to be sent off to be set and cleaned up. Good luck. I often think that the companies have forgotten about all the customers choices on what they want to hear. The range of choices are wide as to helping e every one but limits as to what we can truly afford to get access.
Hellloooo: I believe corporations and companies know what customers want. But the companies' needs are more important, therefore don't care. They funnel us to cochlear implants (big money). They herd us to pay more for digital aids when a sufficient number of us are fine with analogs. If we can't afford the digital, consider a cochlear implant. If you don't want a CI, go deaf. It's irrelevant so long as the company's making dough at our expense.

Hellloooo: I believe corporations and companies know what customers want. But the companies' needs are more important, therefore don't care. They funnel us to cochlear implants (big money). They herd us to pay more for digital aids when a sufficient number of us are fine with analogs. If we can't afford the digital, consider a cochlear implant. If you don't want a CI, go deaf. It's irrelevant so long as the company's making dough at our expense.

Bottom line, isn't it?

That's exactly what it is. Before I purchased my last one, the audiologist I went to (I lived much further away than where I do now, so i haven't been back there) told me that they would be between 4-6k. I was thoroughly shocked and said no way, nobody pays that much. I didn't realize at the time that they were digital, and that analogs were no longer an option. I was given a rude awakening.

Can't you just get a HA that works for your level of loss and disable the features you don't want?

Can't you just get a HA that works for your level of loss and disable the features you don't want?

I've tried that but the sound quality still isn't the same as that of an analog hearing aid. The aid is still taking the sound and converting it to digital. It's not to mention that a digital aid would cost much more money.

I have looked into buying an aid online but I have concerns about this. What happens if you get an aid and you need to have it adjusted? Many, if not most audiologists don't adjust analog hearing aids anymore.

It's frustrating. All I want is a simple hearing aid that'll allow me to hear like a normal person. That is it. I do have a couple of my old analog hearing aids but they need to be repaired.

I have looked into buying an aid online but I have concerns about this. What happens if you get an aid and you need to have it adjusted? Many, if not most audiologists don't adjust analog hearing aids anymore.

It's frustrating. All I want is a simple hearing aid that'll allow me to hear like a normal person. That is it. I do have a couple of my old analog hearing aids but they need to be repaired.

For analog repair go here: http://lloydhearingaid.com/shopping/repairs.asp

I just got back an analog hearing aid that they repaired, and am very satisfied.

As far as adjusting them, just open the compartment that contains the screws, take a tiny screwdriver and turn them until the sound is right for you. That area is called the trimpots.

Back