Are the Disables parents allow to adopt or foster the babies/children?

but... you know what's funny?

Doesn't allow deaf couples to adopt or to foster children?

But this doesn't make sense is because IF we are NOT allowed to adopt or to foster children THEN why do deaf people have CHILDREN of their own? IT does not make any sense!! IF deaf people are ABLE to raise, take care of their OWN children then WHY can't they adopt or to foster children? NOT MAKE A SENSE! What a fu*ked up society we are in! :ugh2:

Liebling:-))) said:
http://www.alldeaf.com/showpost.php?p=519417&postcount=33

Here is answer on your question.

Depend on difference between adoptive parents and biological parents. Accord German law, they (Youth Social Officer) are obligatie to protect adoptive parents and biological parents. Youth Social Officer are not allow to give adoptive and biological parents addresses. It's adoptive parent's decision if they allow to let their adoptive children to see biological parents or not. If adoptive parents reject, then biological parent have to wait until children are 18 years old and have his/her decision either they want to see their biological parent or not.

Youth Social Welfare takes care everything if adoptive parents of underage adoptive children agrees to let biological parent come to see them. Some parents support their underage child’s decision to find their biological parents.

I hope this link help to learn about German adoption law.

http://travel.state.gov/family/adoption/country/country_386.html

I want to ask you but I keep on forget... Now I ask you question...

I was puzzled that German law allow you to adopt a German child because you are deaf and unmarried... I know accord German law: Who want to adopt the children then it could be married and "healthy" couple with good incomes.

German law do not accept deafies married couple to adopt babies no matter either they have good income or not but DEAF... A lot of deafies are furious and feel being discriminated accord German law over Adoption..

I know Germans would be real furious if they heard that German authorities allow to offer you to adopt a child because you are deaf.

Ok Liebling I read about German law allow me to adopt a german child. Because I am USA. For any ppls that reside in USA that allow to adopt anywhere in the world. For Geman ppls that reside in Germany probably not allow depend on approval. My son's uncle whom was really screw up. Ok At the begining right after his parents got killed. His mother had told my son's father's brother promised to take care. Cause they had my son to be under his uncle to be take care. After his parents killed. He took him to be taking care but all of suddenly he realized that my son was hoh and was unable to take care. And he had put my son (before confirmed my son) in foster homes many times (at least 10 times before he reached to be 2 yrs old) so when his real aunt (his mother's sister) found out that his uncle had put him in foster homes at least 10 times and so she talked to his real father's parents (since his mother's parents weren't alive at the time he was born) anyway she talked to them and they got pissed off at his uncle for putting him in foster. So two of his real relatvies have tried to applied to adopt him but they were not approval by the dept.. So they all have to give him up and decided to allow USA to approval for anywhere in the world called "international" to fill him to be in adoption listing. Thats how I went to the lawyer in Hawaii ( I believe that Javapride might knows this lawyer but not sure tho anyway) whom this lawyer in Hawaii has been won in many cases over child/children all over. Um when I found him and talked him about adoption of International. So he referred me to DANS. And I learned about DANS. Thats how I got to approval to adopt anywhere in the world. As for ppls who reside in Germany probably not able to adopt any deaf child/children. I have heard about that situtations. Thats why my lawyer asked me alot of questions right before I agreed to accept. He asked me if I could accept hoh, deaf, handicapped, blind, etcs. I told him Yes no matter any child I am willing to give a lot of loves that the child really needs. Thats how he referred me to DANS.

Born with a hereditary disease I made the decision as a child that
I would some day adopt rather than conceive a child who would
have to suffer the same pain I go through, to be told that I could
not adopt would crush me emotionally.

Reba said:
"friendliest" = most friendly :P

Thank you for answer. :angel:

Originally Posted by kcrocker
I have been to countries due to the fact my family is from military background. I have faced some unfair laws about Deaf's limitaiton on what they can do such as like this adoption, driving laws, etc. Europe is in fact very behind on many technologies not only for deaf. They are behind on EVERYTHING. That is why I always tell myself that we are very lucky to be in America comparing to Europe'e treatment towards to deaf and others. But I can tell you Germany is one of the freindlyiest place that I can be in comparing ot other countries...

Can you please give me source/link about disabitliy driving law? I never heard about this. :dunno:

For your information: I'm happier and satisfy live in Europe. :) and prefer to live in Europe.

AnnyGuy said:
but... you know what's funny?

Doesn't allow deaf couples to adopt or to foster children?

But this doesn't make sense is because IF we are NOT allowed to adopt or to foster children THEN why do deaf people have CHILDREN of their own? IT does not make any sense!! IF deaf people are ABLE to raise, take care of their OWN children then WHY can't they adopt or to foster children? NOT MAKE A SENSE! What a fu*ked up society we are in! :ugh2:

*nodding agreement*

Unfortunlately yes, I has to give you right that German Adoption law over disability make no sense to me either. :ugh2:

PurrMeow said:
Ok Liebling I read about German law allow me to adopt a german child. Because I am USA. For any ppls that reside in USA that allow to adopt anywhere in the world. For Geman ppls that reside in Germany probably not allow depend on approval. My son's uncle whom was really screw up. Ok At the begining right after his parents got killed. His mother had told my son's father's brother promised to take care. Cause they had my son to be under his uncle to be take care. After his parents killed. He took him to be taking care but all of suddenly he realized that my son was hoh and was unable to take care. And he had put my son (before confirmed my son) in foster homes many times (at least 10 times before he reached to be 2 yrs old) so when his real aunt (his mother's sister) found out that his uncle had put him in foster homes at least 10 times and so she talked to his real father's parents (since his mother's parents weren't alive at the time he was born) anyway she talked to them and they got pissed off at his uncle for putting him in foster. So two of his real relatvies have tried to applied to adopt him but they were not approval by the dept.. So they all have to give him up and decided to allow USA to approval for anywhere in the world called "international" to fill him to be in adoption listing. Thats how I went to the lawyer in Hawaii ( I believe that Javapride might knows this lawyer but not sure tho anyway) whom this lawyer in Hawaii has been won in many cases over child/children all over. Um when I found him and talked him about adoption of International. So he referred me to DANS. And I learned about DANS. Thats how I got to approval to adopt anywhere in the world. As for ppls who reside in Germany probably not able to adopt any deaf child/children. I have heard about that situtations. Thats why my lawyer asked me alot of questions right before I agreed to accept. He asked me if I could accept hoh, deaf, handicapped, blind, etcs. I told him Yes no matter any child I am willing to give a lot of loves that the child really needs. Thats how he referred me to DANS.

*speechless* :ugh2: (I do not against you personal but German authorities...)

Thank you for wake me and my hubby up what sort of German Adoption rights over disabiliy children. *shake my head disgusit* We will talk President for the Deaf and people when we see them at Summer Festivial next month.

I pasted your post and save it in my file and will translate it into German if it is okay with you. I only doing to help deaf childless couples to fight their rights.

Your story sounds to me that German authorities accept "healthy" children to "healthy" hearing parents and send "unhealthy" children away to international for adoption. I beleive I know why your son's bio relatives's application for adoption are being reject because your son is a disability. They wants to "rid" of handciapped children out of Germany to international for adoption. It makes me sick after read your post... (I do not against you but German authorities).

Let me share my story with you all.

Deaf couple whom I know very well, they don't mind to foster/adopt disabilities babies to children. They are not only one who wants to foster/adopt deaf children... Their Youth Social Officer claimed that we don't have unwanted handciapped children around homes here in Germany and provided them about Foster/Adoption law over disabilities Act... They feel that German Adoption law discrimiate disabilties rights. I suggest them last year to apply for European Human Rights. I bet they don't like after learn about this... I told my co-worker about your post... She can't beleive it because she didn't see any handciapped children are being adopt or foster by hearing childless parents and also deaf childless parents as well... until you bring us light...

I can image if the parents don't want do anything with handciapped children and want to give them away for an adoption then German authorites would send them to international for adoption directly instead of give handicapped children around Germany to adopt or foster. :ugh2: German Authorities can't do anything if the parents want to keep their own handicapped children and put them to Nursing home and have to pay part of fee to take care of them. I have seen many handicapped children homes around here... Their parents visit to see them regularly.

Thank you for share your information with us and for wake us up. Can you give me link about DANS over Germany?

Can you please give me source/link about disabitliy driving law? I never heard about this.

Liebling.... Those information was given to me by my stepfather via miliatary rules. I generally say in Europe not to Germany. Or It might be bullshitted to me by them into not letting me go around. Who knows. But I dont mean to put you down.. I just wanted to let you know that Germany was one of freindiest place I ever went to other than other place. That is what I meant. Not mean to offend you. I did live in Belguim for three years with my family. That is how I got some information from my family since I don't speak french that well to understand.

kcrocker said:
Liebling.... Those information was given to me by my stepfather via miliatary rules. I generally say in Europe not to Germany. Or It might be bullshitted to me by them into not letting me go around. Who knows. But I dont mean to put you down.. I just wanted to let you know that Germany was one of freindiest place I ever went to other than other place. That is what I meant. Not mean to offend you. I did live in Belguim for three years with my family. That is how I got some information from my family since I don't speak french that well to understand.

No, you do not offend me but I was like huh :roll: when you said in your previous post: "That is why I always tell myself that we are very lucky to be in America comparing to Europe'e treatment towards to deaf and others".

Now you explained clear... I understood and accept my apology please if you feel my last post is harsh to upset you. :hug:

maybe they didnt want disabled kids around Germany due to long time ago when hitler was a ruler then and he didnt want any of disabled people. he ordered for all to be removed? Germans believe in purely clean blood, strong people with dark hairs.. NO blonde hairs, believe it or not. i dont know if they still practice that today? but look like still same? who knows!

Liebling:-))) said:
No, you do not offend me but I was like huh :roll: when you said in your previous post: "That is why I always tell myself that we are very lucky to be in America comparing to Europe'e treatment towards to deaf and others".

Now you explained clear... I understood and accept my apology please if you feel my last post is harsh to upset you. :hug:

Whew, I am glad I did not offend you at all. Yea, I can understand your point why..
I do accept your apology and I don't think you were that harsh but I am learning from you all guys that is why I love AD!!! :cheers:

Luckysmile23 said:
maybe they didnt want disabled kids around Germany due to long time ago when hitler was a ruler then and he didnt want any of disabled people. he ordered for all to be removed? Germans believe in purely clean blood, strong people with dark hairs.. NO blonde hairs, believe it or not. i dont know if they still practice that today? but look like still same? who knows!

You said about Hilter is part of correction. Hilter want to see blond hair and blue eyes around here in Germany and killed disabled babies... Deaf adults were being force to have their oval to remove to prevent to have babies...

At present, we beleive the reasons why they deliver disabled children to the world for an adoption because of tax issues.

Example:

We disabled people recieved between EUR 1,000 and EUR 3,500 tax free a year to prove that we are disabled thru Expert. The tax officer divide between EUR 1,000 and EUR 3,500 into employee's monthly income. That's how I get low tax thru monthly income.

For hearing parents who have disabled children, get EUR 3,500 tax free a year. We beleive the reason that the government want to save tax and want healthy children with no disabled tax free a year.

Question?

Tamara said:
In Australia, they rather to put deaf kids to be foster by deaf Adults as first choice rather than hearing adults.

For adopted, I am not sure, will find out more!

If anyone who are over 30, they cannot adopt kids, because they are TOO OLD for that eek!!! (I think 30 more or less I cannot remember to be exact)

My deaf friend's second husband adopted her child from her previous relationship.

I'm a bit late to this discussion but we went through the process to become adoptive parents in Australia and we were approved so it definitely can be done. However if you want to adopt from overseas it is tremendously difficult because the overseas countries have very outdated and misguided images of deaf people and we struggled to find an overseas country that would accept us. Domestic adoption in Australia is virtually non existent so that wasn't an option. We ended up have a biological child but I haven't given up on my dream to adopt! Maybe some day!

I would love to adopt a deaf baby but Australia's immigration laws are very discrimatory and they would not give a deaf baby a visa on the grounds that it would be a drain on public resources. I am from the UK and they nearly stopped me coming to Australia too by failing me on the medical! I made a big stink about with the MP and eventually we got our way. But I see in the news that they still regularly turn down visa application for deaf people. It stinks.

By the way I know 50 year olds that have adopted children so I think the age limit varies between states. I am in NSW.

Back