Are deaf kids bullied/harrassed more frequently than hearing kids in mainstream?

:confused:
I'm all for integration, but this is a perfect example of the problem of misdirected racism...

It depends on whether that person wanted that neighborhood. Nobody is questioning that racism exist, but have you ever thought for a minute that putting that person in that neighborhood with a bunch of bigots is a bad idea? That it is, in fact, against the law for an agent to do the wrong on the part of a buyer based on their Principle Agent relationship? Yea, you can wrap yourself in the flag all you want, but at the end of the day that person has to deal with his or her neighbors not you.

So, the agent who realizes that family will be living next to the KKK should keep their mouth shut? Do you not see a problem with it?

Not everyone is an activist....

WTF are you rambling about? And what the f*** is "misdirected racism"?

You seriously need more experience than "applying to universities". A few years of actual study at university would do you well.:cool2:

Why would i need to study a few years at university to know that lots of universities don't accept certain subjects in the offers they give when applying? It's really only when applying that you find this stuff out unless you speak to a few admission tutors before hand.

My experience comes from applying to universities. When they give you an offer it might say a certain number of points or 3 grades like AAB from 3 A levels, they will then say that general studies or sociology or critical thinking is not accepted. I also don't consider it a mickey mouse subject, the universities do.I haven't taken any of them except for Media Studies.

wait. I'm still confused.

are you a college student or not?

I've simply been trying to explain why i said what i said. I'm not trying to be disrespectful or minimise anyone's experiences and if i have then i apologise. But as i've said before, when someone tells me that times have not changed because a restaurant gave them chicken thigh instead of chicken breast thinking she wouldn't know the difference....I can't help but ask questions.

We know why you said what you did even better than you yourself do. We are trying to explain to you the motivations that you are not even aware of. Unfortunately, you are not willing to learn. You are only willing to continually explain and justify.

I know it still exists though, i never denied the existence of racism. But do you really think that racism exists to the degree that it once did in the 50's/60's Would a black man be able to be president in those times?

I'm not in charge of university admissions or the entry requirements. If they want to exclude certain subjects in their offers then it's no skin off my nose if i didn't pick it.

The A levels are a qualification we get after our GCSEs which is the qualification we get after secondary school/high school. The full title is GCE Advanced Level

Yes, it still exists to that degree. I have answered that question for you several times already. Just because you aren't getting the answer you want doesn't mean it hasn't been answered.

Like I said, you are not ready for the advanced study of sociology. You need to get your basic skills courses out of the way first.

You do realize, don't you, that you are currently communicating with several people who have not just life experience, but several college degrees between us?

We know why you said what you did even better than you yourself do. We are trying to explain to you the motivations that you are not even aware of. Unfortunately, you are not willing to learn. You are only willing to continually explain and justify.

Stop beating the kid up by insinuating he has not lived the type of life we have. You know nothing of how he has lived...

He stated what he felt and should be respected for it.

Stop beating the kid up by insinuating he has not lived the type of life we have. You now nothing of how he has lived...

He stated what he felt and should be respected for it.

He should be respected for audist and racist beliefs? I think not.

No one is beating the kid up. We are attempting to help him open his mind. You might try that yourself sometime.

wait. I'm still confused.

are you a college student or not?

I've finished college/6th form, college is referred to as the 2 years of education after secondary school/highschool. I will be going to university next year as i'm on a gap year atm.

No one is beating the kid up. We are attempting to help him open his mind. You might try that yourself sometime.

woah woah woah, I have racist beliefs??

Why would i need to study a few years at university to know that lots of universities don't accept certain subjects in the offers they give when applying? It's really only when applying that you find this stuff out unless you speak to a few admission tutors before hand.

The very fact that you have to ask that question shows how ill informed you are.

Seriously, young man. You are in this way over your head at this point.

I know it still exists though, i never denied the existence of racism. But do you really think that racism exists to the degree that it once did in the 50's/60's Would a black man be able to be president in those times?

Sometimes, some issues are better left unsaid unless you have concrete proof. You may have a concern towards an issue, but not all these statements can be readily answered in the social environment we're in to be proven correct/incorrect.

A woman was raped, she has her reasons and her version for believing she is a victim. Would you try to invalidate her claim directly to her by judging what she said that some minor detail looks incorrect to you?

It is better to research the actual evidence before making the claim if you are capable of doing so. These kinds of research based on social issues are usually done in universities and in the subjects of sociology, psychology and the likes. :)

If I'm not aware of these motivations, you can't blame me for wanting to justify myself...

woah woah woah, I have racist beliefs??

If you are ignoring the tremendous exisitence of racism in today's society, and claiming that it is better than it used to be, then yes, by default you do. Perhaps not intentional, but racist all the same, as minimizing the impact of racism in today's society, you support it continuation.

If I'm not aware of these motivations, you can't blame me for wanting to justify myself...

And the longer you spend justifying, the less you learn. Are you here to learn, or are you here to justify your errors? Everyone makes mistakes. Accept that you have made a few in this thread alone, and use it as an opportunity to learn.

I've finished college/6th form, college is referred to as the 2 years of education after secondary school/highschool. I will be going to university next year as i'm on a gap year atm.

aaaahhhhh..... interesting. thanks.

To what? Bigotry? He learned that in the second grade! It's not just deaf people who get bullied.

The very fact that you have to ask that question shows how ill informed you are.

Seriously, young man. You are in this way over your head at this point.

I'm not sure if you understand how the education system works in the UK but we tend to find out that the universities aren't keen on applicants having studied subjects like critical thinking etc. while applying and receiving our offers.

To what? Bigotry? He learned that in the second grade! It's not just deaf people who get bullied.

So, you know this young man personally? His posts are indicative of someone who really knows next to nothing about bigotry.

Back