Approval for bilateral!!!!!

Lillys dad

Reaction score
It is official. We are 100% approved for Lilly to get her 2nd CI! I have been very leary of the insurance co. But today I called our HR rep. She told me that she talked to the broker, the clims person at the uins co.. SHe told me that everyone is 100% on the same page. The ins. co will pay for the intire procedure (except a $500 copay, no prob.). I was told that the ins. co. is on standby waiting to receive any bills and statments that come from the hospital.
We are now going ahead with the scheduling of everything! For the first time, I am actually optimistic about this.

WOW! Congratulation!!! Keep us posted! :)

It is official. We are 100% approved for Lilly to get her 2nd CI! I have been very leary of the insurance co. But today I called our HR rep. She told me that she talked to the broker, the clims person at the uins co.. SHe told me that everyone is 100% on the same page. The ins. co will pay for the intire procedure (except a $500 copay, no prob.). I was told that the ins. co. is on standby waiting to receive any bills and statments that come from the hospital.
We are now going ahead with the scheduling of everything! For the first time, I am actually optimistic about this.

Great news! Congratulations!

Ummm...now you probably won't have to deal with the "broken ear" situation where Lilly couldn't hear at all again (the other one will keep on ticking! :laugh2: ).

good news :) bilateral hearing is really awesome :bump:

Approval for bilateral

Congratulations. If you wouldn't mind mailing me off-line with who your insurer was and what state you are in, if it is one our appeals program hasn't dealt with before, we would really appreciate a copy of your approval letter so we can possibly use it in the future (we remove all your identifying information of course)

Thanks

Sheri

That's such great news Lilly's Dad!!!!!!!!!! I'm hoping everything goes smoothly for you all...Yay!!!!!

We are actually now in the process of being helped by Let Them Hear so I can't wait to be saying the same thing!!!!!

That's such great news Lilly's Dad!!!!!!!!!! I'm hoping everything goes smoothly for you all...Yay!!!!!

We are actually now in the process of being helped by Let Them Hear so I can't wait to be saying the same thing!!!!!

Good luck to you,too :hug: *waiting for the good news* :fingersx:

Thanks all! We have been fighting since june. Our ins. co kept refusing. As of dec 1, we have new ins that will ocver it. My employer shopped ins with Lilly getting the bilateral in mind. He found an ins co that stated they would cover it before we became clients. So, then we had to wait for everything to go into effect. Today I spoke to our HR per who told me that the ins co is standing by to start getting requests and verifications. So dec 1st we are gonna hit the ground running.

LTHF, I will send you a PM. I will start it as soon as I submit this post.

Lillys dad,

What wonderful news! Congratulations! :)

Your daughter is going to reap so many benefits from having bilateral CIs. Have you told Lilly about this yet? I bet she'll be *so* excited! :)

As a bilateral adult CI user, my life has definitely changed for the better since receiving my second implant. Even though I loved having one CI, going bilateral made all the difference in being able to hear better in noise and localize sound (both are especially important to me being totally blind).

I wish you all the best with Lilly's second CI! Do keep us posted on surgery, activation and beyond!

Thanks again. Hearagain, Lilly is only 2 1/2 years old. She really doesnt understand it. She knows she cannot hear out of the left ear. .SHe also wants to hear out of the ear. She has told me that in her own way. I will wait until we get the surgery date and begin explaining it to her as the date approaches. SHe is just beginning to understand the concept of waiting a few minutes. SHe has no clue about weeks and months ahead. It'll be easier for her if we just wait to explain it.

Thanks again. Hearagain, Lilly is only 2 1/2 years old. She really doesnt understand it. She knows she cannot hear out of the left ear. .SHe also wants to hear out of the ear. She has told me that in her own way. I will wait until we get the surgery date and begin explaining it to her as the date approaches. SHe is just beginning to understand the concept of waiting a few minutes. SHe has no clue about weeks and months ahead. It'll be easier for her if we just wait to explain it.

first off congrats on getting the inshurence you and your family neads a $500 co-pay is steep but conpared to paying something like $50 G's it is very nice.

secend I so know how it is with children it can be realy funny at times when thay do not have a consept of time . i'm guessing she was farily young when she had her first sugary so thier was not much for her to be scared about but this time shes a little older , I rember haveing sugary abing scared at an age a little older then her for a tumor in my head but with you I can tell you love her and you will be able to help her with that. good luck in December :)

That is Awesome!

That is great News. That is way better than any gift Santa could bring Lilly.

Congrat... Good luck with your daughter for get 2nd CI. :D

I bet that she will happy after activation with 2nd CI.

I doubt the surgery will happen by Christmas time. That would be incredible though, if it did happen.

I doubt the surgery will happen by Christmas time. That would be incredible though, if it did happen.

hey you never know. :) Congrats on getting good news. Hopefully all will go very smoothly and Lily will have her surgery soon.

Back