App for deaf people? "What do You need?"

Domn123

Reaction score
Hi!
I'm a student 2nd year and I want to create an application for deaf people but at the beggining I'd like to know more about Your disability. I'm asking for the greatest response in this matter.
I really want to know everything about Your living in society :)

Oh, sure, coming right up! Jeez...as if we love being under a microscope.....I'd advise you to check out relevant topics on this site of which there are many and then come back and introduce yourself and a little about why you're here......then maybe we can help ya with your own "disability"......

What would this app entail? Do you think it can eventually be utilized within the restaurant business? I am working on a proposal for better hospitality within restaurants for those who are deaf and hard of hearing. Maybe our ideas could work together!

What kind of app are you thinking? What kind of info are you needing? Im Hard of Hearing, possibly going Deaf. What do you need?

I use many speech-to-text apps, but as for my "Disability" - please do you want to explain as I have none.

The problem with a lot of speech to text apps is that most do not understand a foreign accent. It will pick up perfectly a Finnish person speaking and put it to text if you choose "Finnish" in the option - but if you are Australian like me and in a conversation with a foreigner (somebody who does not speak Australian English), the entire conversation you are reading is gobbledy-goo and a complete waste of time.

Best way to communicate for me (without app) is in writing, but then I have to think hard how to say what I want in Finnish, which is not easy.

Back