Anyone with Z5 on IOS 8 have issue?

JMH

Reaction score
Whenever I log in and it crashed immediately and I tried to contact ZVRS via email and got no respond at all. There must be some reason they decided not to respond to my email...

Does anyone had issue with Z5 on iPhone with IOS 8?

Check your spam mail, often I see that happens. I believe they DO respond, but sometimes e mail filter assume they are spam, trashed them before you even knowing it.

I have seen it happens all the time.

Also, allow at least 24 hours, or longer if during weekend for them to respond.

Check your spam mail, often I see that happens. I believe they DO respond, but sometimes e mail filter assume they are spam, trashed them before you even knowing it.

I have seen it happens all the time.

Also, allow at least 24 hours, or longer if during weekend for them to respond.

DHB is correct. That's how I found the Deaf Expo on-line registration from ZVRS-- in my spam folder. I suggest you check that, because sometimes emails from VRS providers do end up there, and I also suggest adding them to your address book to prevent that from happening in the future.

I also set up a filter in gmail to route any emails from ZVRS (and others...I seem to be sticking with ZVRS for the time being...) to a custom folder in gmail.

I also set up a filter in gmail to route any emails from ZVRS (and others...I seem to be sticking with ZVRS for the time being...) to a custom folder in gmail.

I did that with Outlook when my Windows tablet was still functional. It might be a good idea to do that with Gmail in the coming days, now that I've run into a problem with Outlook on my phone.

Nope, just checked the spam folder and there's nothing but all spams.

I have seen some reviews in iTune store saying that they had issues with Z5 with IOS 8. I was wondering if it was the issue or they have not updated it to make it work with IOS 8 (or 8.1)...

Nope, just checked the spam folder and there's nothing but all spams.

I have seen some reviews in iTune store saying that they had issues with Z5 with IOS 8. I was wondering if it was the issue or they have not updated it to make it work with IOS 8 (or 8.1)...

It's actually 8.2 now. Software glitches had that happen recently. Maybe try updating your software to the current one, and try again? Last I heard, they were still straightening that out, but I have no idea, not having ever owned an Apple device (I'm an Android user)

It's actually 8.2 now. Software glitches had that happen recently. Maybe try updating your software to the current one, and try again? Last I heard, they were still straightening that out, but I have no idea, not having ever owned an Apple device (I'm an Android user)

Um, not yet (I mean IOS 8.2) - I just screenshot few seconds ago.
n0Ob9V.png

Funny, few minutes after I replied to this forum and I got an email from them (speaking of the devil!). They said I'm supposed to pick a new ZVRS number because I haven't used it for 6 months. But it doesn't explain why it crashed to IOS when I log in. And then I don't know how else I can pick a new number - do I have to go to their website and pick one? What?

[Edited to add] Wow... I don't realized how huge screen iPhone 6 Plus has! lol

Um, not yet (I mean IOS 8.2) - I just screenshot few seconds ago.
n0Ob9V.png

Funny, few minutes after I replied to this forum and I got an email from them (speaking of the devil!). They said I'm supposed to pick a new ZVRS number because I haven't used it for 6 months. But it doesn't explain why it crashed to IOS when I log in. And then I don't know how else I can pick a new number - do I have to go to their website and pick one? What?

Sure about that? Hmm. Looks like they're working on IOS 8.3 already.

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2014/09/29/apple-already-building-ios-8-1-ios-8-2-and-ios-8-3/

And yes, you may have to go to their website and pick a new number, although I don't recall how I did that. It's been a while since I last had to do that.

Sure about that? Hmm. Looks like they're working on IOS 8.3 already.

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2014/09/29/apple-already-building-ios-8-1-ios-8-2-and-ios-8-3/

And yes, you may have to go to their website and pick a new number, although I don't recall how I did that. It's been a while since I last had to do that.

Have you really read the article?

TechnoBuffalo said:
Apparently Apple is already working on iOS 8.1, iOS 8.2 and iOS 8.3, each of which will serve either as a larger update to the platform or to provide new features. Gurman points to traffic coming into his site from Cupertino, which shows that Apple employees are already running the operating system updates on iPhones and, presumably, iPads. Unfortunately, we still don’t know what type of updates these patches will deliver.

They already released 8.1, but not 8.2 or 8.3. It was telling us that they're working on it, not released yet. But thanks for the information. ;)

Patience is the key, my friend.

Yeah, they basically said they received a large volume of emails unexpectedly and trying to catch up. Oh, well... I was trying to get it working so I can give my boss the demo how this service works. I'm trying to get a promotion to management level.

They said I'm supposed to pick a new ZVRS number because I haven't used it for 6 months. But it doesn't explain why it crashed to IOS when I log in. And then I don't know how else I can pick a new number - do I have to go to their website and pick one? What?

Why does ZVRS make you get a new number after 6 months? None of the other companies made me do that. Only ZVRS.

When I got a new number in te past, I had to call customer service to do it.

Nope, it is new FCC regulation. I just found out with other VRS same thing 6 month not using, BYE! This includes Convo, Sorenson!

FCC is changing A LOT due to abuses, not just company, customers too! There is more coming up that many of you may not aware of. Nothing I could do.

Why does ZVRS make you get a new number after 6 months? None of the other companies made me do that. Only ZVRS.

When I got a new number in te past, I had to call customer service to do it.

Have you really read the article?

They already released 8.1, but not 8.2 or 8.3. It was telling us that they're working on it, not released yet. But thanks for the information. ;)

Yeah, they basically said they received a large volume of emails unexpectedly and trying to catch up. Oh, well... I was trying to get it working so I can give my boss the demo how this service works. I'm trying to get a promotion to management level.

They have, in fact, already released it. It took some digging, but here it is:

http://www.macworld.com/article/2687761/apple-quickly-issues-ios-8-0-2-update.html

Please note the date.

Nope, it is new FCC regulation. I just found out with other VRS same thing 6 month not using, BYE! This includes Convo, Sorenson!

FCC is changing A LOT due to abuses, not just company, customers too! There is more coming up that many of you may not aware of. Nothing I could do.

That's interesting - good to know.

They have, in fact, already released it. It took some digging, but here it is:

http://www.macworld.com/article/2687761/apple-quickly-issues-ios-8-0-2-update.html

Please note the date.

Read again... carefully... Okay, I'll help you - this article says 8.02, not 8.2. ;)

I ran into that with the number with Convo-- you lose the number if you don't use the service for 6 months. I somehow managed to keep the Convo one but I'm sure it will disappear anyway. For some really odd reason though I had to RE activate my ZVRS one today after I got a software upgrade (what? didn't see anything different.. same ole :P). I haven't gotten any emails from Purple or Sorenson- only from Convo.

I ran into that with the number with Convo-- you lose the number if you don't use the service for 6 months. I somehow managed to keep the Convo one but I'm sure it will disappear anyway. For some really odd reason though I had to RE activate my ZVRS one today after I got a software upgrade (what? didn't see anything different.. same ole :P). I haven't gotten any emails from Purple or Sorenson- only from Convo.

Ever since Sorenson VRS released ntouch mobile a few years back, I've pretty much made that my primary mode of communication, and it's good to have, because the mobile version of SVRS has a text feature I can use when it's necessary to.

Yeah, got it working. Sheesh. It takes just ONE damn local number to make it work. I went on install Z5 desktop and it asked me to pick one of local number. Once I picked a number and all sudden Z5 on my iPhone started to work - no crash to iOS after log in.

I mean, really? They need to fix the app or better way to choose local phone on their website (which no where to be found). I decided to brush up my laptop with webcam and when I tried to download the Z5 software, it just asked me to pick a number.

My emails to their customer service - they didn't help at all and they did not even advise me to download a Z5 software and pick a number. They just told me to call them via VP and I have no friggin' way to call them with VP because my VP on phone kept crashing...

Okay, I'm done with ranting.

Back