Anyone try to use a Seafoam on your car?

Evo Dragon

Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hrasAYG42g]How to Seafoam Sc400 - YouTube[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8eCEdO8Ooc[/ame]
picture.php

If I pour it in my car. if idiot ppls notices and call 911. They think my car is on fire. ha ha
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHcBW9AIlLM&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited:
why on earth would anyone want to do this?
never heard of sea foam.

great vids...LOL

why on earth would anyone want to do this?
never heard of sea foam.

great vids...LOL

Most Auto shops do that but not same brand. It's help to clean fuel system and clean engine valve. Smell so awful and made me feels so sick. Ugh!

Ive sea-foamed my car once (I pulled my upper manifold afterwords, throttle body, IACV, and everything else to do my valve cover gaskets). Everything was still covered in oil and carbon buildup inside (UIM, TB, IACV). I wouldnt say it works

BG44k though, ive seen pics of where people run it and pull UIM's and such afterwords and the internals will be cleaned very well.

If I were wanting to clean my valves I would easily go with BG44k over seafoam. This can be prevented from taking care of your car though, regularly running chevron techron to clean injectors, valves, and some other internals. General maintenance really pays off in the end

Yes, I use seafoam on my cars and my motorcycles. Cleans out all of the carbon build up and makes the engine run smooth.

Ive sea-foamed my car once (I pulled my upper manifold afterwords, throttle body, IACV, and everything else to do my valve cover gaskets). Everything was still covered in oil and carbon buildup inside (UIM, TB, IACV). I wouldnt say it works

BG44k though, ive seen pics of where people run it and pull UIM's and such afterwords and the internals will be cleaned very well.

If I were wanting to clean my valves I would easily go with BG44k over seafoam. This can be prevented from taking care of your car though, regularly running chevron techron to clean injectors, valves, and some other internals. General maintenance really pays off in the end

Yes, It's BG44k that I tried to remember and it's works great.

I drank seafoam the other day. It didn't taste good.

My stomach did not like it either and I had the runs for a while. Just so you guys know.

I don't want to embarrass myself with the neighbors with all the smoke when I do that. :lol:

I didn't post my comment until reviewing the posters. Anyway, I've used this product for emission failure relates. Like I pour about 1/2 to 1 fl oz of SeaFoam into the end of PCV hose (intake manifold side) with maintain 2,000 RPM. Pour it slowly to prevent cloud from tailpipe. This method is to wake up lazy O2 sensor(s) and light up cat converter(s) for evaluate the emission readings to determine if they are working. Dst

i use b-12. its the exactsame as seafoam but its only 2 dollars a bottle. i use it every other tank of gas.

I use Seafoam for my motorcycle after I cleaned carburetor. Originally, engine won't stay idle so I decide to clean it then put it back on. It ran on idle nicely. I use nearly 1/2 can of Seafoam poured in tank. I swished the tank by rocking motorcycle sideway. Then ride around for 15 min. I noticed the performance on engine improves. This will help prevent varnish and gunk from Ethanol in gasoline. If you use Seafoam for purpose to store your Motorcycle throughout winter season. It'll prevent fuel from gumming up or varnish the carburetor.

Recently I bought STP Engine Treatment and it is similar to Seafoam but cheaper on same bottle size Fuel Stabilizer as well. You can use it on any small engine as well. I did use some on my 2 cycle weedeater engine ( I poured in 1/4 of STP Engine Treatment per my guess). I noticed BIG difference!! After I ran it for 10 minutes. Performance improved and it pull starts MUCH easier!! It's worth it. Because oil/fuel mixture does gums up carburetor. So just pour 1/4 or less can of Seafoam or similar and swish the tank to mix well with Oil/Fuel mixture. I promise you'll noticed big difference. Won't harm 2 cycle tho. That's why Seafoam was mainly for Boat. My brother use it on his big boat with Volvo Pentra V6 inboard engine

Actually, if you accidentally put bit too much Seafoam or similar, It won't hurt the engine.

You actually can smoke motorcycle exhaust by using Seafoam with 12 inches tube from bottle to carburetor intake. Let the vacuum suck Seafoam and watch your bike smoking similiar to car.

Catty

Once won't help, You need to use it often to notice difference. You can even pour Seafoam in engine oil and let it run for 15 min then drain it out and change to fresh oil. It'll clean gunks and grimes inside engine. You need to read instruction on back of Seafoam bottle before attempting it.

Catty

Once won't help, You need to use it often to notice difference. You can even pour Seafoam in engine oil and let it run for 15 min then drain it out and change to fresh oil. It'll clean gunks and grimes inside engine. You need to read instruction on back of Seafoam bottle before attempting it.

Catty

Right, the carbon build up inside throttle body or IAC can be clean with carburetor cleaner spray can however the carburetor cleaner can harm TPS, IAC or electronic throttle body. Safe to clean them by wet shop towel or rag with spray carburetor cleaner and wipe inside throttle body bore and butterfly plates. With electronic throttle body, have some one in the vehicle, turn ignition on with engine off, floor the gas pedal and hold while clean the throttle body with wet towel to wipe the bore/butterfly plates. I use my throttle depressor tool to hold the gas pedal. Other way to clean the IAC or butterfly plates with engine running. This method doesn't apply to MAF sensor cuz the MAF sensor must connect to the throttle body or MIL pop up, need a scan tool to clear DTCs. Dst

Catty

run BG44k ONCE and compare to seafoam. Ive read the can, even top mechanics say seafoam is a joke.

I did all of the steps, 1/3 of the can through the brake booster line, 1/3 in gas tank, 1/3 added to the oil.

Catty

I see many mechanics from my old job and they alway use BG 44k ONCE and it's works great and won't headache when customer dont come back again.

Use it often is waste of time and customers hate to waiting in the wait room. You should work at auto shop and you will understand why.

My uncles in many years ago, they used ATF to gum out the noisy valve lifters. They poured small amount of ATF into the carburetor and cranked the engine for short time and leave it for days to resolving the frozen piston rings. Few days later, he poured little gas into carburetor to start the engine, hard to start, attempted to cranking, the engine was about fired up and rans at high idle speed. Lot white/blue smoke from tailpipe. With engine running, he poured 1 qt of ATF into crankcase and let the engine idle for 10 minutes. That was I used to watching them when I was about 8 years old.

My uncles in many years ago, they used ATF to gum out the noisy valve lifters. They poured small amount of ATF into the carburetor and cranked the engine for short time and leave it for days to resolving the frozen piston rings. Few days later, he poured little gas into carburetor to start the engine, hard to start, attempted to cranking, the engine was about fired up and rans at high idle speed. Lot white/blue smoke from tailpipe. With engine running, he poured 1 qt of ATF into crankcase and let the engine idle for 10 minutes. That was I used to watching them when I was about 8 years old.

I remembered you told me that one of your coworker pour the AFT in the diesel's fuel filter.

Back