anyone near ocala,fl?

jaismom

Reaction score
as said in another post, im here for my baby boy. would like to meet deaf/hoh people and people who know and/or are studying asl

:wave:...welcome aboard...Jax here...and Ocala is a fine city!...No, I'm not studying ASL...and don't have small children (just rowdy teenagers)....Maybe some other members will be able to help ya!

hi! i am studying sign language :) enjoying it immensely i moved to Ocala about a year ago. How are you getting along?

I'm from Ocala, and am trying to teach myself to sign. I would love people to practice with and try to have a socal life. LOL.

Wirelessly posted

There are deaf clubs in Ocala. Deaf meets etc. Google it on Facebook. I am about an hour or so North on I 75.

Last edited:
:welcome: Actually, you're squeezed right in between people from Tampa and Jax! :P

When I save up for a car, I'd love to see what there is in Tampa - as far as the deaf community and meet ups.
I tried to get into the ASL class on my campus, but it's full for Spring =/

I blame Jess.... ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Actually, meh... I'll take some of the blame for that one... :laugh2:

When I save up for a car, I'd love to see what there is in Tampa - as far as the deaf community and meet ups.
I tried to get into the ASL class on my campus, but it's full for Spring =/

We have quite the Deaf community here in Tampa Bay. :) Definitely worth checking out. :D Never ran into a Deaf club here though.... If there's a Deaf club in Ocala I'm driving up there!

Here in Jacksonville we have a ton of Deaf people, but one of my friends goes to a Deaf meet at the mall in Ocala and she goes to a church were Deaf people attend. Hope you find what you are looking for.

as said in another post, im here for my baby boy. would like to meet deaf/hoh people and people who know and/or are studying asl

Hi! I'm new! My name is Kelly! I live in Ocala Florida & I know ASL & still learning! I have a deaf son! He's 11! I also have 2 other kids (hearing) ages 9 & 1! Would love to connect with you!

I realize this post was from a longtime ago, but just through I’d check in to see how things were going :)
my husband and I learned sign language 18 years ago. We’ve loved every minute of it and all of the new friends we’ve made (deaf and hearing) I know here in Ocala there are deaf dinners every month along with other hang outs that happen regularl. Let me know if you’d like any information passed on! Hope all is well with you - Maranda

Back