anyone into mudding/mudbogging? lifted 4x4 trucks?

deaf_camo_reddy

Reaction score
im just looking for new friends who has an interest in working on cars or trucks...also mudbogging...lifted 4x4s..or any stories about how it is here down here south because im originally from idaho...hit me up with msgs or replies. thanks

I used to be a frequent member of IFSJA.org and still go over there. I don't have a mudder or a lift, but I appreciate old trucks.

Have a friend here in Jax that did mudbogging...(if it's driving a truck thru a mud pit)...his 2 trucks were always loaded with "mud"...he loved it!...Don't think he still does it tho', seems he sold both of the trucks, but if I see him I'll ask him.

Wirelessly posted

a dodge with a 6" lift and a lot of mud makes for a full day of fun I grew up in south ga where hunting playing in the mud with huge trucks is the norm

I used to have Jeep and done mudding and it was fun. I almost lifted it but decided trade with super duty. I can't lift my superduty, I could but the problem is once lift, even by an inch, my superduty wont fit in car wash. My truck barely fits in, only by half an inch. Car wash height is 7 foot, my truck height is 6 feet and 11.5 inch.

I sure miss off roading, my truck could do off road but it wasn't designed for serious off roading unless I have to replace all suspensions, wheel, and add shields.

nice nice...i used to have lifted broncos...they were fun to play around in the mud...i want to play in the mud down here to see how people do it here differently than back in my home state idaho...but i need a 4x4 but everything down here is more expensive such as insurance and registration..it sucks big time haha

i dont have a truck yet but do work on several rigs..there is no mud pit in northern nevada so we would have to man made mud pit in one of the race track...mostly i have worked on is rock crawler rig and mall crawlers lol 6" lift is ridiculous in nevada...have seen some do runs on 6" lift and flipped it over really easy so we usually runs 4" lift on 37' tires keepin it low and go on the hardcore trail known as the con...(rubicon trail by tahoe) but for me i rather to wheel it instead playing in mud like a pig lol

oh and you can check out pirate4x4.com and there is alot of guys that selling rigs in your area..just keep ur eyes on the site and you might find good deal..

haha yeah you gotta lift it just the right way with all the lifts and tires and suspension so it dont flip easily..i have only used 2 inch lifts..because i dont need much of a lift if i put bigger tires because i had a 91 bronco lifted on 35s super swampers and it did the work for me..i even pulled out bigger trucks that other lifted trucks or got special shit on it still cant get it out..sometimes the simplest thing is the best way to go....yeah i got my eye on this 98 chevy 1500 lifted on 35s and it runs great mechanically needs a little tlc such as rust and etc but it dont bother me bc shit happens..as long it runs good im happy..he had it priced at 4000 or something like two or three weeks ago now it at 2000...i went to look at it yesterday.i want it but dont have enough money haha. because i also gotta get registration and insurance and etc etc it never ends...thanks for the website...what part of nevada are you from? i am from idaho and i drive through nevada alot. i always see people going crazy with the sand dunes and etc

yeah if you built it right way it wont flip over..one of my friends used to had bronco II and flipped it over even it wasnt lifted (all stock) lol short base go figure haha im located in east of Reno...

currenty slow process working on 79' bronco...right now it is sitting bone stock except the 33" MTR goodyear tires..(the first gen) the plan on it is swap the 400m motor to fresh 390 and long arm...lift it with 4" and do some body cutting then build some custom front/rear bumpers to make exo cage...possibly will do rear dove tail so far it already come with factory d44 and 9" rear (maybe will need to re gear to 4:11 with lockers)

wow dang yeah that the problem with short base wheel vehicles.. people go too crazy with them stock or not..i rolled three broncos in 2010 i know how it goes...and no i wasnt going crazy with the broncos lol so you know...it all from trails up in the mountains..ran into tire problems and axle problems so i ended up rolling them. it was unbelievable.
i am looking for a 79 ford highboy 4x4 with a 390...i always wanted one but people go crazy and try to sell them at high price just because they are rare to find but they arent really worth that much after all...i am looking at this 1969 ford f250...the guy invested way too much money into it and he still wanna sell it for 10 grand and im like i would pay 5 grand or less...it really nice but not going to spend 10 grand on someone else "investments" unless i know the person and etc

im just looking for new friends who has an interest in working on cars or trucks...also mudbogging...lifted 4x4s..or any stories about how it is here down here south because im originally from idaho...hit me up with msgs or replies. thanks

Check out my pictures in the picture/video thread titled "Hobby" I used to build street rods, and my last project was a Dodge Ram 4x4. I love old cars and currently looking for another project.

Back