Anyone interested in True Crimes?

Bear

Reaction score
I have always been interested in seeing if I could solve a true crime. Serial killers especially interest me in many different ways. I would love to find out why they chose to kill and what made them do it. Are you interested in anything to do with crime and why?

I've had a mild serial killer obsession. I'm intrigued by the psychology of why people become ritualistic killers. The show Mindhunter on Netflix was really good, if you like this sort of thing. I've read a lot of books on serial killers. Especially the Zodiac, since they believe he was never caught.

I am more into Jack the Ripper being as there has been conjecture as to who he was but he was never caught. I wanna know what made killers like Jeffrey Dahmer become cannibals. What would possess someone to do such a thing. To me, it is not so much as the crimes themselves. Im not interested in the gore and stuff like that. Just why would they do what they do.

Watch a lot of InvestigativeID on TV...Deadly LeGACY was on last night..Gacy and the Green River killer are the worst ones. Who knows why or how their brain works? Remembering that movie too...Natural Born Killers...evil...they do walk and live among us.

I do watch a lot of the ID channel with real crimes. I also watch stuff that has nothing to do with real crime but still is interesting to me like Law & Order. My favorite used to be Unsolved Mysteries and America's Most Wanted. I think if I was younger, I might have wanted to be a forensic psychologist. Back then, I didnt realize that you could profile and etc and even how to become one. I might have wanted to do that back then. Now I just feel too old to be interested in too much. I do have 2 years of college in a 4 year degree to become a environmental scientist though. I just have a natural curiosity about a lot of things.

I do watch a lot of the ID channel with real crimes. I also watch stuff that has nothing to do with real crime but still is interesting to me like Law & Order. My favorite used to be Unsolved Mysteries and America's Most Wanted. I think if I was younger, I might have wanted to be a forensic psychologist. Back then, I didnt realize that you could profile and etc and even how to become one. I might have wanted to do that back then. Now I just feel too old to be interested in too much. I do have 2 years of college in a 4 year degree to become a environmental scientist though. I just have a natural curiosity about a lot of things.
I have a friend who is a forensic psychologist. She spends a lot of time in prisons. She has said before that she loves and hates it. She finds it fascinating, but at the same time the people she works with are seriously disturbed people.

Criminal Minds is a good show too...SVU also...was disappointed when America's Most Wanted went off the air....

I have a friend who is a forensic psychologist. She spends a lot of time in prisons. She has said before that she loves and hates it. She finds it fascinating, but at the same time the people she works with are seriously disturbed people.
Takes a person with a unique mind-set to deal with seriously disturbed people....(remembering Silence of the Lambs and Clarice). I do wonder if a lot of these people were raised in homes that were abusive.....domestic violences….bullies and kids that torture/kill animals have a lot to do with it. Or a chemical imbalance to their brains.

There is a magazine called True Crimes that prints complete true stories... I think its a monthly magazine you can buy in the stores, I used to get them, very interesting reads.

I can get how you would love and hate it. Some of these criminals are very manipulative and get off on getting inside your head. I too, would probably find it fascinating to speak with them and learn of why they do what they do. The problem is that you never know if it is all true or not true because they are so manipulative. Interesting! You friend would a very interesting person to talk to. Not about the cases but about her insights.

Criminal Minds is a good show too...SVU also...was disappointed when America's Most Wanted went off the air....

I too watch Criminal Minds and SVU. I like to watch stuff like that. Have you ever seen Joe Kenda: Homicide Hunter?

There is a magazine called True Crimes that prints complete true stories... I think its a monthly magazine you can buy in the stores, I used to get them, very interesting reads.

I will have to look for that and get in on a subscription. There is a page on Facebook called Hunt A Killer and they have what is called a box. It is a monthly subscription ( I dont have the money for that kind of thing right now) and inside these boxes are clues into solving a *case*. Might be interesting to look into once I get a little extra money.

Yes...I watch Kendra time to time...

Kenda is interesting. The problem is none of these shows really tell what all is involved. I mean they talk about ballistics, foresnics, medical examiners, and show some interviews with witnesses but they dont show the reality. They talk about unsolved crimes but not the months and months and years and years that sometimes go into solving these cases.

Also 48 hours.... good run down of everything from the crime to finding the killer.

I always found 48 hours to be too boring for me. They need to liven that show up to garner interest lol.

I always found 48 hours to be too boring for me. They need to liven that show up to garner interest lol.
Yeah, they do drag it out and bouncing between 3 crimes or so....at the same time.

Thanks for showing me what to look for. Next time I go to Walmart, Ill see if my Walmart carries it.
Ive found them at the grocery as well ( Schnucks, Dierbergs, Krogers, Shop n Save...ect… ) so anyone who carries magizines may have it, if not ask the manager if they will, some are open to bringing in new items of interests.

Back