Anyone going to DeafNation?

afifan91

Reaction score
I am going to the one in Washington D.C. at Gallaudet. Was wondering what it was like.. share stories for those that have been... I am really excited! April 20, 2013 cannot get here fast enough! First time for me!! :wave::wave::D:D

Yes, I have went to few Deafnation event. The parking lot was packed up!!! So packed up that I wouldn't count off my hand how many of those cars were turbocharged.

When you get in, ask around. There will be soooo many people. Best of all, it's free.

Yes, I have went to few Deafnation event. The parking lot was packed up!!! So packed up that I wouldn't count off my hand how many of those cars were turbocharged.

When you get in, ask around. There will be soooo many people. Best of all, it's free.
You can't tell whether the cars are turbocharged or not unless you see the engines.

nah -- I 'm gonna try to go to Sept. 21: Rochester, NY at RIT next year. Much closer. Anyone from alldeaf going to rochester deafnation? Maybe we can wear a button or something to signify that a Alldeaf member is there so we could see each other out and try to guess our screen names.:hmm:

nah -- I 'm gonna try to go to Sept. 21: Rochester, NY at RIT next year. Much closer. Anyone from alldeaf going to rochester deafnation? Maybe we can wear a button or something to signify that a Alldeaf member is there so we could see each other out and try to guess our screen names.:hmm:
Thats a great idea haha :wave: We should do that at Gally when that one gets here haha

I might go if I am not working that weekend.

I signed up for the one in DC. Going to take an extra day or two off and hit the Smithsonian and maybe the Aquarium.

I didn't get to go to DC last year so perhaps I'll make the DC trip for this event.

Ok, I keep coming back to this post and at the expense of sounding stupid, I am just going to go ahead and ask my quesion...

What is DeafNation? I am assuming it is a big event where Deaf people meet up but was wondering if it is like a convention or what goes on at this :). (In case you haven't read any of my posts, I am the hearing mother of a three year old girl who we are trying to determine what her hearing loss is- the loss happened suddenly around this past December, could have been gradual but we just noticed it at the beginning of December. Felt it was maybe important to give you that background as I am trying to learn all I can about Deaf culture and helping my daughter adapt to this since she has been hearing up until this point.)

Ok, back to the question... Where is DeafNation held? Is there a website or something where I could find out information? I don't know if this would be an event that we would attend at this point since my daughter is only 3 (unless this is something for all ages) but it sounds like a great opportunity to meet people and maybe learn some things. Hope that wasn't too many questions...

Ok, I keep coming back to this post and at the expense of sounding stupid, I am just going to go ahead and ask my quesion...

What is DeafNation? I am assuming it is a big event where Deaf people meet up but was wondering if it is like a convention or what goes on at this :). (In case you haven't read any of my posts, I am the hearing mother of a three year old girl who we are trying to determine what her hearing loss is- the loss happened suddenly around this past December, could have been gradual but we just noticed it at the beginning of December. Felt it was maybe important to give you that background as I am trying to learn all I can about Deaf culture and helping my daughter adapt to this since she has been hearing up until this point.)

Ok, back to the question... Where is DeafNation held? Is there a website or something where I could find out information? I don't know if this would be an event that we would attend at this point since my daughter is only 3 (unless this is something for all ages) but it sounds like a great opportunity to meet people and maybe learn some things. Hope that wasn't too many questions...

I went to one in Palatine, IL. I saw a lot of people selling kids and adult ASL books. Basically, it's like an indoor bazaar where all vendor sell stuffs related to deafness. One vendor may sell ASL clothes. Other may sell ASL crafts. There will be different deaf speakers taking stage. There will be a lot of non-profit groups related to deafness set up. All different VRS companies will be there. Hope that helps.

Pretty sure I will be there. I have to be there on the 15th anyway.

Hi there!

My name is Tracy and I'm starting my interpreting studies this fall! I am 21 and I live in Canada.

I would love to chat with any of the Deaf members here if they're willing!

I know that as an interpreter, it's important to experience different signing styles and practice through chatting, but I'm also just looking to build some relationships.

Let me know if you're interested!

Hi there!

My name is Tracy and I'm starting my interpreting studies this fall! I am 21 and I live in Canada.

I would love to chat with any of the Deaf members here if they're willing!

I know that as an interpreter, it's important to experience different signing styles and practice through chatting, but I'm also just looking to build some relationships.

Let me know if you're interested!

Greetings from old analog welcome aboard, have you read through late onset deafness under Our World Our culture? Tell us a story :popcorn:

Here in NW Ark. We have an event every Sep. Hope it's still on, will let you know when it gets closer:fingersx:

Back