anyone deaf or hard of hearing?

Greetings and welcome to AllDeaf "stuckbetween"! We are glad you are here!

I am deaf. Tell me something? Do you know what kind of hearing loss you have? Is it slow? Is it a rapid decrease? Can you hear in crowds or spefically one on one?

About a good 67 % of users on this forum are deaf.
About 11 % are hearing.
About 22 % are HOH, not to mention there are also HOS users as well here. ( HOS = Hard Of Seeing!

:wave:

Last edited:
Greetings and welcome to AllDeaf "stuckbetween"! We are glad you are here!

I am deaf. Tell me something? Do you know what kind of hearing loss you have? Is it slow? Is it a rapid decrease? Can you hear in crowds or spefically one on one?

About a good 67 % of users on this forum are deaf.
About 11 % are hearing.
About 22 % are HOH, not to mention there are also HOS users as well here. ( HOS = Hard Of Seeing!

:wave:
My audiologist said I have mild hearing loss and moderate to severe problems with processing but I haven't been tested for an apd. In crowds everyone might as well be mumbling in pillows. I cant hear or focus on hearing anything its all like one large amount of noise. One on one I can definitely hear better but I still have problems if I cant see your face. I've been learning asl and my boyfriend has agreed to learn to so he can "translate"for me when we're out and about

1:
My audiologist said I have mild hearing loss and moderate to severe problems with processing but I haven't been tested for an apd. In crowds everyone might as well be mumbling in pillows. I cant hear or focus on hearing anything its all like one large amount of noise. One on one I can definitely hear better but I still have problems if I cant see your face. I've been learning asl and my boyfriend has agreed to learn to so he can "translate"for me when we're out and about

2:
And thank you for the welcome :)

1: Did your Doctor say if you would completely lose your hearing as the years go on or anything like a date you know? I don't mean to sound rude asking questions like that. My brother is hard of hearing and he has generative hearing loss. His Doctor has given him about another year or 2 before he is completely deaf. He knows ASL as we both attended Deaf School and we also attended Gallaudet University. We both graduated recently in the year.

My brother seems to have the same unfortuante problems you have. He can hear fine one on one but in crowds or if 2 people are talking, he says to me it sounds like extreme mumbling.. :( but I am there to support him 100 % and I will also support you 100 %! It's always good to be there for someone lossing their hearing. I don't know what sound is like and I really don't care to be honest but I will always be there for my brother because he says he is scared because going from a hearing person to a deaf person is apparently a life altering move you know!

Your still young so I really hope you don't lose your hearing or at least, have many many more years to enjoy your hearing! :D

2: Your welcome by the way! :ty:

1:

2:

1: Did your Doctor say if you would completely lose your hearing as the years go on or anything like a date you know? I don't mean to sound rude asking questions like that. My brother is hard of hearing and he has generative hearing loss. His Doctor has given him about another year or 2 before he is completely deaf. He knows ASL as we both attended Deaf School and we also attended Gallaudet University. We both graduated recently in the year.

My brother seems to have the same unfortuante problems you have. He can hear fine one on one but in crowds or if 2 people are talking, he says to me it sounds like extreme mumbling.. :( but I am there to support him 100 % and I will also support you 100 %! It's always good to be there for someone lossing their hearing. I don't know what sound is like and I really don't care to be honest but I will always be there for my brother because he says he is scared because going from a hearing person to a deaf person is apparently a life altering move you know!

Your still young so I really hope you don't lose your hearing or at least, have many many more years to enjoy your hearing! :D

2: Your welcome by the way! :ty:
Thank you :) I dont know if its degenerative or not. My audiologist said that its a flat line Hearing loss so that means its genetic and ill have to get my hearing tested again within a year if she's to determine if its going to get worse or not. Im sorry about your brother :( my daughter suffered a stroke before her first few days of life and now finding out about my "genetic" hearing loss her speech therapist wants her hearing tested.she's weak on her left side but shes been learning asl as well and actually does really well. Im only 19 and already at a point where my boyfriend has to repeat what other people say to me or apologize on my behalf for not understanding and explain my hearing. Its kind of embarrassing. I mean when your deaf its cool, your apart of a community and people understand that you CAN'T hear. But hoh its like we dont belong anywhere and everyone seems to think that were just not trying to understand or we just need to work harder at reading lips and that hearing aids are a fix all. Some people just treat me like im stupid. I actually avoid going places without someone who's lips im used to reading. But thank you for your kind words :) they mean alot

:wave: again stuckbetween,

I was told by a boss at a previous job that I needed to "listen harder"

Yesterday I was talking with my dad and he was started saying about Hitler/Germany <a conversation involving making a comparison> and "cereal".
I was wondering WHAT Hitler and cereal had to do with anything, and then as he continued I realized he'd said "Syria"

:wave: again stuckbetween,

I was told by a boss at a previous job that I needed to "listen harder"

Yesterday I was talking with my dad and he was started saying about Hitler/Germany <a conversation involving making a comparison> and "cereal".
I was wondering WHAT Hitler and cereal had to do with anything, and then as he continued I realized he'd said "Syria"
I was exercising with a friend and here in northern California everything is on fire. We were talking about her camping trip she had planned and was worried about her usual spot being on fire. I heard her say " I love the woods it's where my five orgies are" turns out she really said "my priorities" I was like why are you having five orgies lol

Greetings! Welcome here!

p.s. I don't want a squirrel sandwich either. :lol:

Back