Anybody who have Blackberry, please help!

JeepGirl

Reaction score
I just got a blackberry pager and I don't understand some of it. Do any of you know if I can get AIM and Yahoo on my pager? if you do.. please do tell me how to do that. if not.. let me know if there's no such AIM or Yahoo in Blackberry pgr. Thanks!

Rebelgirl..

FYI.. blackberry if you have RIM blackberry.. always there have AIM.. and yahoo..
You have to go your local server who will help you download as upgrades.

That what I'm doing it for yahoo.. but never use yahoo instant messager...

Did you see two's earths... 1st one.. regluar.. 2nd one earth icon.. use that.. click it..
you see Chat/I-msg click it
(scroll bar that where is click it)

Anything else can I help?

There's Ramble IM, YAK ON, IM+, verichat, and possibly others. You can find info at Blackberryforums.com or just google for them.

GalaxyAngel said:
Rebelgirl..

FYI.. blackberry if you have RIM blackberry.. always there have AIM.. and yahoo..
You have to go your local server who will help you download as upgrades.

That what I'm doing it for yahoo.. but never use yahoo instant messager...

Did you see two's earths... 1st one.. regluar.. 2nd one earth icon.. use that.. click it..
you see Chat/I-msg click it
(scroll bar that where is click it)

Anything else can I help?
okay yes i have RIM Blackberry.. I don't see AIM nor Yahoo..

I'll have to call them.. there's no Goamerica store here.. so i'll call them.. and thank you.. i'm gonna look up the 2 earths..

dkf747 said:
There's Ramble IM, YAK ON, IM+, verichat, and possibly others. You can find info at Blackberryforums.com or just google for them.[/QUOTE

Thanks for the site. :D

DeafCruise said:
I only see download for information sort of like manual or something.. But didn't see any download for any application for 8700's blackberry.

i clicked on the link too and it shows that we can download for tty usage, AAA roadside service but nothing for aim and yahoo..

Sooo here's what I got today...

I called GoAmerica today.. they said they do not do AIM or Yahoo on blackberry pagers. I was like.. uhhh okay.. so i don't know how the hell people got AIM on their blackberry. that's what I don't understand..

driving me nuts!

The Blackberry I have under a different service has AIM and Yahoo. GoAmerica doesn't support AIM/Yahoo? Screw that. What's the point of getting a pager without AIM or Yahoo?

happy to help you

RebelGirl said:
I just got a blackberry pager and I don't understand some of it. Do any of you know if I can get AIM and Yahoo on my pager? if you do.. please do tell me how to do that. if not.. let me know if there's no such AIM or Yahoo in Blackberry pgr. Thanks!
hello i will be happy to help you download for Ramble (aim) & yahoo im . pager me randyvines@tmo.blackberry.net

RebelGirl said:
i clicked on the link too and it shows that we can download for tty usage, AAA roadside service but nothing for aim and yahoo..

Sooo here's what I got today...

I called GoAmerica today.. they said they do not do AIM or Yahoo on blackberry pagers. I was like.. uhhh okay.. so i don't know how the hell people got AIM on their blackberry. that's what I don't understand..

driving me nuts!

My Blackberry 8700g is on T-Mobile. The T-Mobile (TMO) IM application gets charged to text messenges of which the first 300 are free. That was unacceptable so I searched and discovered that Ramble IM works under the unlimimted Data portion of TMO's plan. I downloaded it and it works with no charges. I've been using it for almost a year. There are other IM applications that also work via data and not text messages.

In looking at GoAmerica site it appears that they only offer ancient Blackberrys. I do not know if these programs work on those or not. It sounds like GoAmerica is not worth it.

Back