Anybody have ferrets? Share your pix here!

Liza

Reaction score
I have 1 named Rose, and she's my little 4.5 year old wuzzy (got her in '99). We unfortunately lost her "adopted" daughter Cocopuff last year....

Rose
rose1.jpg

Cocopuff
coco.jpg

Extra note: I am looking for ways to "import" her to Norway from USA... she is currently with my Dad, and nibbling his toes all the way. :( Anybody know anything in this aspect? We emailed customs, waiting to hear from them... hopefully they will be OK with it. USA is considered to be exposed to rabies, and Norway is not... it's officially a rabies free country, so it has very strict laws on such things.

Originally posted by Liza
I have 1 named Rose, and she's my little 4.5 year old wuzzy (got her in '99). We unfortunately lost her "adopted" daughter Cocopuff last year....

Rose
rose1.jpg

Cocopuff
coco.jpg

Extra note: I am looking for ways to "import" her to Norway from USA... she is currently with my Dad, and nibbling his toes all the way. :( Anybody know anything in this aspect? We emailed customs, waiting to hear from them... hopefully they will be OK with it. USA is considered to be exposed to rabies, and Norway is not... it's officially a rabies free country, so it has very strict laws on such things.

damn CUTE !!!!!! i did pet three Ferrets .... they love playing in people's SHOES!!!! AWW!! i want pet yours hee hee

LOL... thanks ladies! Rose likes to nip at people's toes... haha
And I'd always take her with me to this corner store on my street, and the owners would absolutely love it! Coco always did her trademark Happy Dance... hehe

awww!! lucky you have ferret how much cost you buy ferret curious i really WANT one lol

one of my best friend is obsessed with ferrets and wants one REAL bad,but his parents won't let him have one so he'll proably get one when he lives on his own someday lol

aye, i like ferrets too but i rather not have one as my own pet though

That's cool. Another has ferrets here. :D Steel - I bet your friend CAN get one after he gets out of his parents house ;) No worries! What state does he live in? Many states make it hard for ferret owners (ie. permits, restrictions, etc)... some make it illegal, even, and that's quite ridiculous.

Originally posted by Darlin Tweety
awww!! lucky you have ferret how much cost you buy ferret curious i really WANT one lol

Tweety, there was this pet expo in Baltimore, MD. My ex and I went there..... I wanted a deaf ferret if there was one, and they did have one but somebody else already got that one. The ferrets that were from this loving pet shop in New Jersy, cost between 50 bucks and 130 bucks... Rose really picked me out, I swear, I just had to get her at 100 bucks. She literally jumped into my jacket and ran around inside... circling me (back and front inside jacket) -- she really captured my heart.

Normally ferrets would average 100-400.... and they need companionship, so normally people buy two at once...

You also need to get your babies a regular checkup at least once every year, and have the vet administer them 2 shots (rabies and distemper). You also need to clean up after them constantly, because they have this stinky ammonia in their shit. But this is nothing compared to the unconditional love and the quirkies they offer you and vice versa.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I know a guy online have like 6 ferrets. He even have 1 deaf and another one is hard of hearing. MAN i luv his ferrets. HE warned everyone that if u got one.. u have to be the person who is for the ferrets to fit their personality. PLUS, u HAVE to have money for them in case if something came up.

His link are...

www.warweasel.net He posts some pictures and its really awesome to read. He also includes his work talk in his site. He is VERY nice guy to be talking with.

did they ever BIT you? some could have rabies y' know...even though they don't act like they do but some could have rabies

no. because i think u will have it already checked out. :D OR the place will be sued. they aint stupid for that.

Heh nice ferret. One of my friend got one. She called her Spirit. She runs up to my pants or she will be on the table and jump on my shoulder and pick on my hearing aid or my glasses.

heres very old picture from last june.

heres Sima in her cage
ferret1.jpg

so curious about the camera
ferret2.jpg

peek-a-boo! (her favorite game)
ferret4.jpg

bad ferret!
ferret6.jpg

tired after hours of playing
ferret3.jpg

sleeping on my lap
ferret5.jpg

awwwwwwwwwwww cute ferrets.. my friend who is craaaaaaaaazy about this ferret ha ha someday she might get one in the future. and also one of my aunt had that but gone... sad story. :(

Whoa!!! Glad this thread is bring it up about Ferret. :)
My roomate Gonji own a ferret since last year. his name is Clay. Sorry, I don't have a pix right now. Will ask Gonji for pix of Clay asap.
Yes same to Clay for like to tease on people's toes and many things. My cat Kobe loves play wrestling with Clay. Notice most cats and ferrets get along so well.
Have a deaf ferret???? kewl someday I like to pet Deaf ferret. Here in Colorado for any ferret owners not need to have license or paper for prove to own. Heard Hawaii and Washington, D.C. forbid any ferrets.
I used babysit ferret sometime while my roomate go out of town. REally enjoy. Ferret is more interesting hyperactive creature I ever petted.
I was told by my cat's vet about any ferret under 3 years or younger, hve to get more shots plus vet visiting each 6 months. How odd, LIza. Every vet dr have different opinion, i assume that.
not sure about bring ferret across the oversea. have to ask vets about that. cuz of the size. that's possible.
i tell you my secret. notice cat liter and ferret liter are much different. love about ferret's poop and peeing on the corner as always!!! 258 to know!

Back